total time to beat brawl, videos, lists of how to unlock things & more

taks fo revewi the onne play part so quickly after i asked, and i like how im "people" haha. but you didnt answer if your able to play online with more than 1 person on a single console at the same time... if you could that would be great thanks.

Nice review - it's obvious that you put some work into it.

HOWEVER;

The scores you gave are pretty low. Like, a whole lot lower than I was expecting. I wanted all of those in the 9s. You don't really say what's wrong with each of the sections... I'm just curious.

responses:
- for more than one people playing online on the same wii... i don't know. as i've mentioned in the review, i only played online about 4 times. but i'm pretty sure, since when you begin to brawl with someone, you can just connect another wii remote. i'll check right now k?

- for my review ratings. well, what is a 8 for me is about a 10 for you. it's just the way i rate things. here, check the list of what i rate other games. (ps: if i gave it a 10 then it would be perfect. 35 characters? could've been 50!)

-loz:eek:ot "9.4"
-mp3 "8.6"
-ssbm "8.5"
-smg "8.1"
-brawl "anywhere from 8.3-9.8"
(now that's high!)
remember "it's just MY opinion"
ps: i haven't rated brawl's gameplay (which will most likely be about 9.2-9.6)

note: 1st post has been updated with a new note and classic mode has been reviewed

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Andrewguy do we have to BEAT the VS match to unlock the character or just be in the match and Do they have to be a certain type of match either, Also do we have to play 300 vs matches to unlock sonic then ANOTHER 400 to unlock toon link?

response:

-yes, you can unlock people using ANY type of vs. mode. i am kind of mad about being able to just play vs. mode and unlock every character. i personally didn't do this and i advise other people to unlock the characters in a more challenging approach. :smilewinkgrin:

I just got down reading the unlocking of characters, and I have a question, since you unlock Jigglypuff by playing classic mode with any character except Ike, and you unlock Captain Falcon by play classic mode in under twenty minutes, so what if you complete both, do you fight both after the goals are done?

you can't play against two characters (i'm pretty sure) because it never happened to me. in melee, if you complete the goals of two characters on classic mode, then you only play one. so i think that brawl's the same

andrewguy said:
response:

-yes, you can unlock people using ANY type of vs. mode. i am kind of mad about being able to just play vs. mode and unlock every character. i personally didn't do this and i advise other people to unlock the characters in a more challenging approach. :smilewinkgrin:

Well i need to unlock all the characters and most of the stages in three days becuase i need to bring my wii to school becuase were having a brawl tourny thingy, (it a game night for all games so i want to bring brawl it woul dbe awesome)

Wow, wouldn't that suck if your Wii and Brawl got stolen. lol then you couldnt play either. hahahahaha

I have a question that I can't seem to find an anwser to, is Lucario a half clone of Mewtwo?

Vigilante said:
I have a question that I can't seem to find an anwser to, is Lucario a half clone of Mewtwo?
Not even, the only thing in common is the neutral B. This is Lucario's Aura sphere that shares similar properties to Mewtwo's shadow ball.
The only thing else close to being in common is their side smash, and up smash. But the up smash is quite different(half clonish looking).

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that lucario is a 1/2 clone. more like a 1/3 clone, or even 1/4. don't worry though, he is a strong character. i use him and wolf alot. :aureola:

ps: I will update the 1st post later on in this day. check the bottom of the 1st post to also see the last time it has been updated. if you haven't looked at the post after that time, then you know that you're going to see something new!

Last edited by a moderator:
andrewguy said:
SPOILERS~

-text colored in green is an indication that it is updated
-text colored in light red is an indication that it is a message
-text colored in blue is an indication of a new section

is there truly another character that we don't know of?
there is a very big rumor going around that another character (a.k.a taboo, mewtwo or roy) is unlockable in brawl. taboo, unlocked by beating subspace on intese, mewtwo and roy by being downloaded. now, are both true? is one true? is this just a big piece of ****? i'll be answering that question by experiencing with the japan version of brawl. i hope this rumor is true, seeing as i can't beat subspace on intense.

the lasting appeal of super smash bros. brawl
we all know that melee is a great succes. even to this day, i am still playing melee, as i've had it for 4+ years. melee's lasting appeal is probably one of the strongest in the gaming world for me. but will brawl have this kind of lasting appeal? to most people, the answer is yes (see as brawl has more things to waste time on). but don't forget, alot of things from melee are also in brawl, which means that once someone who has beaten melee will be familiarized with some aspects of brawl already. i'm trying to say that this will cut down your experience time with the game. to tell you the truth, i think that to people who have played melee, this game will last about 2-3 years. to people new to the series will probably be playing for about 4-6 years. the discussion doesn't stop here, feel free to post your opinion!

played brawl for 100 hours. what's left?
well, when i was at about 100 hours of playing brawl, i definetly knew that there were some trophies that were well hidden and needed to be spotted. in brawl, there are technically two types of trophies in my eyes. the one's that you get from playing the coin laucher and subspace. plus, there are some that you unlock by beating a particular goal (much like characters and stages are unlocked). some of these goals are EXTREMLY hard to meet. to get about 3 trophies, it took about 5 hours to do. most of the "goal" trophies that i have so far, were unlocked in events mode. for example: i had to complete an event in a certain amount of time. for those of you who think you can get to about 98%, or even about 92%... THINK again!!! it's gonna be hard, believe me. so once you get to about 80%, don't feel like you've basically unlocked everything.

It looks like downloadable content for brawl won't happen
apparantly, nintendo has confirmed that this will not happen. click here to see the interview. i'm sorry for the people who were hoping for this.

there is still a possibility to DLC, he said he doesn't think it will happen, so there is a very little chance.

there is still a possibility to DLC, he said he doesn't think it will happen, so there is a very little chance.

thank you for pointing that out. he MIGHT change his mind about it later on. honetly though, brawl has about just the right amount of characters. i only got around to playing a few characters only like... once. you won't be dissapointed once you get this game. :yesnod:

Back