Toys "R" Us free 25 $ gift card

The Toys R Us were out of Galaxy so I went to Circuit City next door for a price match. They told me I can't get a price match because it's a "bundle." So I drove to Best Buy 5 minutes away and got a price match ($25 GC). I'll think twice before I ever buy something from Circuit City again...

6ix said:
Does anyone know what would happen if I tried to return Galaxy sometime next week when the deal is over? Will I have to return my $25 Gift Card with it? And before y'all go nuts, I'm planning to do this because around the 18th Toys'R'us will have a buy 2 get 1 free deal, so I can re-buy Galaxy, get $25 off of MOH, and get Metroid free.

I think they charge you $25 for the game and $25 for the GC. So if you return the game you'll get $25 refunded, but check your receipt just to make sure. For that deal on 18th I'm not sure if you can stack multiple deals but if you can, then good for you.

Last edited:
^^^Nah see what I'm saying is I already got Galaxy and the Gift Card. Now I wait till the B2G1 deal is active, and I bring in Galaxy and return it. If I keep the $25 gift card, I can re-buy Galaxy along with another $50 game minus $25, and then get a free one. The B2G1 deal activates after the Galaxy one expires.

EDIT :: There's two receipts. One says Galaxy ($50) and 25 Gift Card ($25) while the Gift receipt says only Galaxy ($50). Maybe if I use the Gift Receipt it could work...?

It might, I see no codes on my gift receipt matching the "Value Card Promo" codes.

Have you already opened it? If so they'll probably only exchange it for another copy or just give you store credit, which may or may not keep you from qualifying for the buy 2 get 1 free discount since you're not paying for the game directly.

I know, I know, they're still getting your money either way, but there's always that annoying fine print.

Yea I reserved Mario from Gamestop before learning about the TRU deal. I'm currently playing my copy, but I was thinking of buying Mario Galaxy again from TRU, using the Gift card for MOH:H2... then returning the unopened Galaxy back to Gamestop for a refund.

The bad thing is I've been calling all over the place and all ToysRUs around here are sold out. I asked about a rain check and they said they won't do it.

I think thats bogus. Any place offers rain checks on stuff if they have them on sale and they are sold out.

I mean its not Black Friday or anything, its not some "1 day sale" price or anything.

I'm gonna try again this weekend. I call every day to the various stores. Does anyone know if they'll hold on for you?

fistpittingnork said:
It might, I see no codes on my gift receipt matching the "Value Card Promo" codes.

Have you already opened it? If so they'll probably only exchange it for another copy or just give you store credit, which may or may not keep you from qualifying for the buy 2 get 1 free discount since you're not paying for the game directly.

I know, I know, they're still getting your money either way, but there's always that annoying fine print.

Yeah I opened it, found out about the B2G1 deal afterwards. Probably wouldn't have been able to resist anyway. But I still should be able to get $50 Store Credits usually they're eager to give those since it means a guaranteed sale basically. I guess I'll ask them if it works with the B2G1F deal

player911m said:
The bad thing is I've been calling all over the place and all ToysRUs around here are sold out. I asked about a rain check and they said they won't do it.

I think thats bogus. Any place offers rain checks on stuff if they have them on sale and they are sold out.

They specifically said no rain check on the ad.

6ix said:
Does anyone know what would happen if I tried to return Galaxy sometime next week when the deal is over? Will I have to return my $25 Gift Card with it? And before y'all go nuts, I'm planning to do this because around the 18th Toys'R'us will have a buy 2 get 1 free deal, so I can re-buy Galaxy, get $25 off of MOH, and get Metroid free.

Where did you hear this? I'm finding this nowhere.

^^^^A couple people here have posted such info, I remember reading it a couple times. Also if you search on Google, you'll see websites talking about the same deal in previous years around October 20 ish, so it seems like they do it every year.

Back