Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Trading in Zelda, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by 6ix, Aug 8, 2007.

1. 6ix

6ix rebmeM tahCiiW

Alright although I've never been an RPG fan, I thought Zelda TP might be able to keep my attention through the whole campaign, and while I had fun playing up to where I am right now, (the underwater temple), I am kind of bored. And this is not to say I am bored of the Wii, it's just Wii Sports' simple gameplay no longer amuses me unless I have friends over, and it feels like a chore to play Zelda now.

So anyway, bottom line is, my local EBGames will give me $25 for Zelda, and I'm planning to trade it for another game, used or new. Currently I'm deciding between Red Steel, Mario Strikers, and possibly Super Paper Mario.

Which of these games has the most depth and replay value, and which is the best for multiplayer? Note that I play more split-screen multiplayer than online, and I generally just don't play online that much at all. If you have any other game suggestions, please do suggest, as long as they are already out, because I'm not waiting for a game to come out.

2. Fastshadow

Fastshadow Shadow Caller

i say keep zelda its a classic and buy another wii game

3. 6ix

6ix rebmeM tahCiiW

^^^^Thanks for the input, but that's not an option unfortunately, I'm pretty tight on money.

4. Fastshadow

Fastshadow Shadow Caller

then buy mario strikers charged and join the party

• Like Like x 1
  5. Syntax

Syntax That Canucks Fan

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0001
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    I would suggest on going with the game Mario Strikers Charged. From what I hear it's a very fun game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 6ix

6ix rebmeM tahCiiW

Thanks for the feedback I repped both of you

7. jesse1596

jesse1596 WiiChat Member

I can't say yes or no to mario strikers charged because I haven't play it yet(planning on renting it this weekend) but even though you said your not waiting I would suggest waiting anyways and getting metroid prime 3 on August 27th, its not that far away and its going to be a fantastic game in my opinion. Other than that, get some vc games.

8. ProShooter

ProShooter WiiChat Member

I wud say go with redsteel it has alot of bad reviews from ppl but trust me its a rly good game...especially multiplayer..and if ur gonna get mario strikers u shud have online that the fun part of it tho since u have 1 game only..and its pretty repatitive if u dnt have online u shudnt buy it. Although super paper mario is pretty good tho redsteels better im not into mario game...that much.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fastshadow

Fastshadow Shadow Caller

Redsteel is alright but the sword style stinks on that game

10. 6ix

6ix rebmeM tahCiiW

How much depth and replay value does Red Steel have? And LoveWii I do have internet on my Wii its just I don't really play online games a lot in general, but its still a plus for Mario Strikers since if I ever get real bored I have internet as a fallback sort of.

11. gnahc79

gnahc79 WiiChat Member

Strikers. The GC version was a blast, can't wait for the improvements with the new version for the Wii :).

12. 6ix

6ix rebmeM tahCiiW

Oh yeah in addition do my replay value question about RS and Strikers, how easy are these games to pick up for new comers? I'm not really concerned about myself but for my friends who don't have wii's but come over frequently, would they be able to get the hang of either of these games in an hour or two? (Note that I'm not saying they have to be good, just competent enough to play the game)

13. Fastshadow

Fastshadow Shadow Caller

its been out what r u talkin bout

14. gnahc79

gnahc79 WiiChat Member

dunno if this was for me or not :). I know it's out, but I don't have it, hence the wait...well for me at least.

15. Fastshadow

Fastshadow Shadow Caller

16. Krusnik

Krusnik WiiChat Member

Red Steel has difficult controls to get used to. They are annoying to the point where you sometimes want that remote to go through your tv. They can pick it up probably within an hour or two, but that is going to be one long hour.

I havn't played a whole lot of Mario Strikers, only a few times as I don't own it. But I found it easy to get used to. Lot better than Red Steel though.

as for replay, you can go online with Strikers. 'Nuff said.

For Red Steel....you beat it and....you could honestly try to get the highest ranking on each level. But you can't choose your level, you have to play it all over again. Never tried multiplayer on it though. =/

• Like Like x 1
  17. sherwood3570

sherwood3570 infused

Wii Friend Code: 1830-2062-7374-0757
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    Watch a video of strikers and decide if you'd want to play it. It's a pretty simple game to judge in my opinion. Red Steel is going cheap now days. I'd say buy a used copy of Red Steel and save the rest of the store credit for a purchase down the road. I believe Walmart is hosting Mario Strikers for Gamecube at a lot of their US stores, next time your in see if you can play it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. smuPoker

smuPoker WiiChat Member

Of the games you listed, get Strikers. It has a tonne of replay value, due to being able to play online, and it's very fun, especially with 2 or more people.

19. ProShooter

ProShooter WiiChat Member

6ix do u have more than 1 controller cuz redsteel is pretty fun multiplayer if u play with 3 ppl and up the controls to some ppl r hard but i got use to it in 20 mins tho to fully no everything its not that easy tho as i sed it only took me 20 mins and if they play for an hour they prolly will be average not good but as u sed u dnt need them to be good and also the manually is so small they wnt have to understand ne thing except for basic controls and if they wonna be better they can learn the advanced controls, tho their rnt that much controls to learn.
    PS Multiplayer is amazing with 3 or 4 ppl and dnt listen to ppl who send u bad comments abt redsteel and didnt play it b4 they dnt no nething their just following other ppl

#19 ProShooter, Aug 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2007
  20. samus21

samus21 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 1259-9309-5159-3761
    1259-9309-5159-3761
    You could wait for metroid prime 3 which will probably be awesome.