Trading my Xbox 360 for a Wii

caryjames

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2009
Hey all,

Obviously new to the forum, but I needed some expert opinions. I've owned an Xbox 360 for a little over a year now, and I seem to have hit a wall. I don't have enough money to buy games, and the games I have (GTA IV, Crackdown, Gears of War) are all 1-player vehicles. Even Madden is an unsatisfying play.

I tend to have a lot more fun playing video games with friends/the new wife. Gone are the days of sitting around in my underwear murdering aliens and skipping classes, so to speak.

In short, I'm thinking of trading all my games, the console, etc for 350 dollars in credits at Game Stop. I figure I could buy a Wii with an extra controller, maybe grab Mario Kart and possibly the Mario Baseball Game.

My friends have voiced concerns in terms of Wii's limited graphics and game selection. Should I take the Wii plunge?

if your unsatisfied with your 360 it might renew your playing experience.
Mario Kart Wii is a great choice. it's pretty fast pace. :)

if your friends are all 360 fans then you'll have to get friend codes from here, or play random people online...

some people have expressed that they wished they got a 360 since all their friends are on that platform.

idk man your the 1st person [i heard] that wants to trade in a 360 for wii it is more "family friendly" and it does have some good multiplayer games but not alot. its up to you reasearch it on google.

gamestop isnt the best way to go either

who else could I trade in my xbox 360 to besides game stop? I'd assumed that they'd driven everyone else out of business...

yea all im saying is gamestop isnt the best but if you want just do it probably most you could get for it is about 400 or so

actualy you should if you want right now $10 dollars extra trade in with 3-360,wii,ps3 games- (store credit) so that is also kinda good. Offers valid 1/30/09 through 2/5/09,

Last edited:
It's funny, all of my friends are Wii junkies. I think I only know of one person who stands by his Xbox. Either way, after the Wii my next system will probably be a Playstation 3 for the Blu-Ray capabilities.

So yeah, anyone else think I'm making the wrong move?

I tend to have a lot more fun playing video games with friends/the new wife.
If you do go ahead with that, be sure to get Wii Play with an extra Wiimote. There's a bunch of lightweight games that work well for two any time you have a couple minutes. We have a blast with those when we get tired of GH:WT.

I suggest finding a friend who has a Wii and trying it out. Hit cow racing for sure (from Wii Play.) Almost anyone who has a Wii will have Wii Play.

Gone are the days of sitting around in my underwear murdering aliens
My eyes! :yikes:

Should I take the Wii plunge?
Only you can answer that. Graphics are great to have, but in the end game play counts as much or more IMO.

best luck making a wise decision,
hank

It's up to you but you'd a WAY more selling all that on eBay that at gamestop. They rip you off in terms of trade-ins.

It's funny, all of my friends are Wii junkies. I think I only know of one person who stands by his Xbox. Either way, after the Wii my next system will probably be a Playstation 3 for the Blu-Ray capabilities.

Not at all. If you're seeking games to play with others then the Wii is the way to go. As you probably already know, Xbox360 and PS3 appeals more to the hardcore gamers because of the graphics and other things but the Wii is aimed at a more general audience (like the wife). There's plenty of multiplayer games available, but not all of them play online. I highly recommend Mario Kart Wii for good online and offline multiplayer. Wii Sports is fun for a while as well, especially if you play it with someone else (it's offline only).

Yeah, I'm considering the eBay route, considering game stop's dubious buy-back/sell-back spread. The sad thing is, I know I'm getting ripped off; however, I'm not sure how fast those 360's sell on eBay considering the economy etc. I'm just not sure I can wait, what with my limited amount of patience and all.

Thanks for all the feedback!

There's so many questions to ask you.

Firstly, is it only you who will use the Wii?
What kind of games are you into?
Are you interested in the sensor and motion Wii offers you?
Do you care much about online, graphics, and what the system offers you?

I have both, and I barely touch my Wii, only Guitar Hero, cause I had it before I bought the 360.

Since you have a family, it's a good idea to get a Wii though.

But you should keep both, because they are a great combination :)

It's personal preference so I prefer the 360 any day.

If I had the cash to throw around, I would just grab the Nintendo Wii and hold onto the X-Box. Otherwise, here are my answers:

1. Myself and the wife will be using the Wii. She loves classic Nintendo games as well
2. I grew up on Nintendo systems, so I tend to favor puzzle, action/adventure RPG's and first person shooters (not as much as I used to, though).
3. The sensor controls are what interest me the most. i have a lot of fun when I play at my friends, and the idea of actually breaking a sweat while playing a video game is enthralling.
4. I do care about graphics, but I'm no longer OCD over it. My hardcore gamer days are passing me by, and I have a lot more fun playing the Wii than the Xbox.

I guess I want a more social gaming system, and the Wii seems to fit me the best...

if your looking for a baseball game get mlb 2k8 i have mario baseball and it isnt good. try posting it on craigslist.com.

brawl and mario kart is what i recommend but brawl takes some practice to be good. both have endless online.

if you like fps. get the call of duty: waw. has online

you might want to try guitar hero or rockband2. i havnt beacuse i play real guitar lol.

why get a gaming system for the blu-ray capabilities???..............ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAMES MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back