Traitor here!

Eif87

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
Hey all!

I've been a lifelong Playstation fan since, well, it came out back in the 90's :) However, my very first console was the NES (Duck Hunt!), then the SNES...that was the last Nintendo console I owned, but they've always held a special place in my heart :thumbsup: . I made the switch because none of the games that Nintendo was offering for the gamecube, etc. looked interesting...they all looked childish, but after reading the forums I now know that this is not entirely true. My friend got a wii and I've been playing with it all week! Originally, I wanted a PS3, but why spend $700 bucks when I can get something better for half the price :) So, I asked my parents for one for Christmas...hopefully they can come through and get me one! Anyway, I was looking at the games that are coming out for the Wii, and I can't help but ask...being a Metal Gear Solid fan, does anyone know if a version will be released for the Wii? I *think* a version was released for the Gamecube, so if not then I'll pickup the Gamecube copy and try and play it in my Wii. Is Kojima going to stick with the PS3 (which, btw is digging itself a huge hole...I feel sorry for Sony, but they screwed up bad on this one)?

Thanks!

Oh, and I know there are a ton of posts about "which games to get, etc." but I'll just add this anyway....

I'm thinking about getting CoD 3, Red Steel and Splinter Cell.....never played Zelda, so I don't know the storyline *and* it doesn't look interesting to me, but from all of the reviews I've been reading, maybe I should pick this one up to.

Later!

Honestly, you really don't need to know much about Zelda to play it. I knew nothing when I played Ocarina of Time. Basically, it's along the same basic structure of the storyline in each one, atleast looking at Link's past. He has to save Hyrule and what not.

Anyways, I've heard bad things about Splinter Cell. I wouldn't be suprised if MGS made one for the Wii. They made one for the GC. The Wii is going to be much more popular than the GC, so there really isn't really a reason not to. Some great games are coming to the Wii.

But dude, you NEED to get Zelda. :) Ocarina of Time is STILL my favorite game of all time. Pick up an emulator or something online and download a Zelda ROM if you want to "try it out" ;). It's really a great game. I would suggest buying it via vc on the Wii.

Twilight Princess is really phenomenal. Warning though, Zelda games sometime take a while to pick up. You have about 60-90 minutes of gameplay in TP before you really even start playing, but the introductory period is almost essential to pick up how the game is played, though maybe not entirely necessary for Zelda veterans.
If you like TP though, I would definitely drop the $20 on Windwaker for GameCube (Hey TWO great Zelda games you can play on Wii!). Windwaker ranks as one of if not THE greatest console game of it's genre (I know I'll get pegged a blasphemer for calling it better than Ocarina by many)

ScuzzBuster said:
Twilight Princess is really phenomenal. Warning though, Zelda games sometime take a while to pick up. You have about 60-90 minutes of gameplay in TP before you really even start playing, but the introductory period is almost essential to pick up how the game is played, though maybe not entirely necessary for Zelda veterans.
If you like TP though, I would definitely drop the $20 on Windwaker for GameCube (Hey TWO great Zelda games you can play on Wii!). Windwaker ranks as one of if not THE greatest console game of it's genre (I know I'll get pegged a blasphemer for calling it better than Ocarina by many)

Really? I read many reviews saying that Wind Waker was lacking a lot of stuff, and to the reviewers they felt like it was rushed or something. However they did say the music in it was great.

I played OoT but never really got too far into it (it was rental) but TP is currently my all time favorite game EVAR! Its so hardcore and ADDICTING. Seriously, I need to do some homework. :/

Wow, that's almost just like me.

I basically only like games that are quick and hold my interest. I basically fell asleep in Zelda... and no I'm not stupid, it just bores me doing a series of tasks for some elf.

Eif87 said:
Hey all!

I've been a lifelong Playstation fan since, well, it came out back in the 90's :) However, my very first console was the NES (Duck Hunt!), then the SNES...that was the last Nintendo console I owned, but they've always held a special place in my heart :thumbsup: . I made the switch because none of the games that Nintendo was offering for the gamecube, etc. looked interesting...they all looked childish, but after reading the forums I now know that this is not entirely true. My friend got a wii and I've been playing with it all week! Originally, I wanted a PS3, but why spend $700 bucks when I can get something better for half the price :) So, I asked my parents for one for Christmas...hopefully they can come through and get me one! Anyway, I was looking at the games that are coming out for the Wii, and I can't help but ask...being a Metal Gear Solid fan, does anyone know if a version will be released for the Wii? I *think* a version was released for the Gamecube, so if not then I'll pickup the Gamecube copy and try and play it in my Wii. Is Kojima going to stick with the PS3 (which, btw is digging itself a huge hole...I feel sorry for Sony, but they screwed up bad on this one)?

Thanks!

Oh, and I know there are a ton of posts about "which games to get, etc." but I'll just add this anyway....

I'm thinking about getting CoD 3, Red Steel and Splinter Cell.....never played Zelda, so I don't know the storyline *and* it doesn't look interesting to me, but from all of the reviews I've been reading, maybe I should pick this one up to.

Later!

Zelda is the only game that I've ever seen get multiple reviews with a score of 100%.

Last Zelda I played was Link to the Past about 8 years ago. Never played Ocarina and Wind Waker. But everybody here said its great plus it got a 9.5 on IGN. So I picked it up and stopped until the semester ends...

...couldn't stop playing so I had to give myself discipline.

All in all, Zelda rocks especially when you learn new moves and new weapons.

I was going to get Zelda but its only Single Player :(
Thats why I am getting Madden NFL 07 and DBZ: BT2 :)

slurba said:
Wow, that's almost just like me.

I basically only like games that are quick and hold my interest. I basically fell asleep in Zelda... and no I'm not stupid, it just bores me doing a series of tasks for some elf.

To each his own, eh?

Zelda OoT has to be the game that I've got the most enjoyment out of. I had such a fun time going through all the stages of the game. As we speak, I'm actually hoping to play it again, before i get my Wii (mid December), but sadly, all my games are in the UK while I'm now living in Greece. :(

If it doesn't look like the sort of game you'd play, i wouldn't suggest buying it, but maybe rent it. After all, it's worth a shot. Right?

Solid Snake from MGS will be in Smash Bros so that should be reason enough to get the wii if you like MGS.

Dev/Null said:
Solid Snake from MGS will be in Smash Bros so that should be reason enough to get the wii if you like MGS.

Ya, a friend who lived on the same floor as me in the dorms last year had a gamecube, and he'd always have Smash Bro parties :thumbsup: I never played that much, but I'm definitely going to pick it up as soon as I get my Wii!

Back