Transferring Game Files--Wii Mail??

davo420

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2007
My buddy is having a Wii Party tonight.

I'm bringing some games, and need to know the best way to transfer my saved files to his system.

Does the wii mail have the capability to transfer these files?

Please let me know.

Thx

:cornut:

nope
you need an sd card. even then, i'm not positive you can take the game's progress file.

»How do I backup / transfer my saves to an SD card from my Wii?
From your Wii main menu: Wii Options > Data Management > Save Data > Wii. You'll see all of your Wii saves that are currently on your internal memory. Select the save you want to backup / transfer and select 'Copy' (you need to have an SD card in. Any one will work.)
The save is now on your SD card.

Actually, even with an SD card, I think the save data on the card will only work on your Wii. Nintendo made it stupid and I don't think you can transfer data between consoles.

Pretty sure, but not 100%.

^^ I thought game saves you could just not VC games.

cannon said:
^^ I thought game saves you could just not VC games.
This is true. The only thing that wont work is the VC games. There is even a site where people upload their game saves for lazy people who don't want to play through all the crap they don't like. Its:

wiisave.com

I dunno. When I had my Wii and Guitar Hero III, I went to my cousins house to play it on his Wii. The GHIII saved game wouldn't transfer over to my SD card but some others would. Finding which one will and which one won't is spotty.

Back