Trauma Center

Mate... I was gonna ask the same question! This game just looks weird! I dont even know what you have to do in it! Am really not sure bou this one!

Can't wait to see the response!

I bought it last week not bad.

My thoughts:

The controls definatley need some mastering and you have to be careful not to slip when you have a scalpul in your hand! So far I've treated a motorbike crash victim who had crashed in to a glass door and had lacerations and glass imbeded in his arm and stomach. You have to remove these with tweasors without catching him, followed by cleaning the wound before sewing up, careful not to stab them with the needle, again quite tricky, before bandaging them up. My second operation was to remove a stomach tumour and disenfecting the wound before patching up.

Graphics wise theres not a lot to the game really. Before each operation there is a briefing from your assistant and head surgeon, no animations just still images with text. These graphics are quite good and very much like a Manga cartoon. As for the gameplay graphics, they're quite basic but clear enough to understand what it is you're looking at and still like a Japanese cartoon. I think they work quite well. Theres no real blood and guts its all very clean, its not really what the game is about.

Overall a good concept and some thing that couldn't really be done with a conventional controller to get the same effect.

I still don't know how long the game will keep me entertained, but for under £28 I can't really complain.

I have it but I only bought it because we rented it and my girlfriend wanted it, I have tried it and don't like it but to each their own. Rent it first if you can before you buy.

Thanks for that! I think it is best to rent it before buying! Seems like it is one of those games you love or hate??

Is this a 'girls' game do you think?

I wouldn't say it was a girls game at all, not that its just for guys!

I certainly don't love it it but its a fun game.

Evolve82 said:
Thanks for that! I think it is best to rent it before buying! Seems like it is one of those games you love or hate??

Is this a 'girls' game do you think?

I would not think Trauma Center: Second Opinion is a girl game. It's a game for anybody who is into doctoring. The game is very realistic when it comes to medical diseases and incidents. Ratings are below:

IGN - 8.0
Gamespot - 8.0

Great sites think alike. :) 8.0 is usually a very good score for a game.

i heard that alot of the medical terms and anatonomy is wrong, and its obvious to even some one with very little medical knoweldge, is this true?

I havn't paid too much attention to things like that, too busy working to a time limit and trying not to scalpal the patients!

I only asked as my wife said she wanted it and to be honest I am really not sure! I wasn't being sexist (if anyone thought that).

I think I will rent it for her and let her decide if she wants it!

Thanks guys! (and girls) lol

Maybe I should point out that my gf's mom is a nurse and she used to work at her mom's office so it does interest her in that sense. I don't think it's a girls game either I just wanted to throw in the reason I bought it in the first place. When my best friend was visiting 2 weeks ago he spent all afternoon playing it while we both were at work and he is a 26 year old male.

i think this game looks good, but it also looks, and from what ive heard, very complicated. i might rent it. i just dont know what to do really.

I've posted a lot about this game, cuz this is my THE MOST favorite game. But I also understand people who don't like this one because this is one of those games that people hate it or love it like Evolve82 said.
And of course.. This is a game far from reality.. You save a person who has about 7 enormous pieces of glass stuck in his heart... No wonder there are bunch of wrong stuffs. Even I who has no knowledge in medical field can kinda speculate this.lol
I suggest you rent it and give it a shot.
If you once like it, I'm sure you'll keep that forever.
It's for people who seek perfection in their skills(?) and like to challenge their own score.

Back