Travelling with Wii

maduser74

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2006
Hi All,

I will be traveling next week...I intend to purchase the Wii carrying case. My question is can i keep the carrying case with Wii in my checkin bag ? Is it safe there ? I know lot of people travel, appreciate if you could let me know your experiences.

Thanks

yes, take it with you, do not put it with the rest of the luggage.

is like taking your laptop with you, only one thing so you don't waste a lot of time... make sure you take it out of the bag, before scanning it in the metal screening machine. just as it was a laptop

Try and keep it with you as 'Hand Luggage'
If they make you put it with the rest of your suitcases. Make sure it's well wrapped, Those bags get hit around ALOT!

Wii_Smurf said:
Try and keep it with you as 'Hand Luggage'
If they make you put it with the rest of your suitcases. Make sure it's well wrapped, Those bags get hit around ALOT!

they cannot make you put it with the luggage, like I said in the post, is like traveling with a laptop.

Yh man they will let you take it in the hold as i have already done it with mine no probs even with the tight securtiy in place :)

u should put it in one of the Wii designed bags like this one

b88979d5dfd8b18b9d6486bab6cbe65b.jpg

don't know whether it would get through security though!

add to my reputation if i helped

Whatever happens, make sure that the Wii ends up as hand luggage, as mentioned above, because I have seen the way they throw bags onto those planes and its not a pretty sight.

does anyone have the wii messenger bag shown above? how well does it store everything?

I have a zelda sling bag for my wii and it works very well it has padding and pockets designed just for the wii

Link_of_Hyrule said:
I have a zelda sling bag for my wii and it works very well it has padding and pockets designed just for the wii

is it this one?
back.jpg

that's pretty sweet. how many controllers does it fit?

i posted a pic in another thread of a really solid breifcase someone turned into a Wiifecase lol ill see if i can find it.
Edit: here she is,if you can make one like this itd take alota bashing and itd be fine!
carrybag.jpg

Last edited:
I have the messenger bag posted above. It holds more than the sling bag which I had 1st and returned. A special padded pocket for the sensor bar is a nice touch. really well padded too. My only gripe is it is still not big enough as I only have 2 remotes and 1 nunchuk and 3 games..... when everthing is packed in there is little room to spare and I will be getting more stuff obviously.

Almo said:
i posted a pic in another thread of a really solid breifcase someone turned into a Wiifecase lol ill see if i can find it.
Edit: here she is,if you can make one like this itd take alota bashing and itd be fine!
carrybag.jpg

That may be or similar to this
Wii Pro Gamer Case ~ $19.99

I just ordered one. By reading the reviews, it looks like the case can hold a lot more than the sling bag or other options.

Back