Trouble installing Wifi UBS Adaptor software

Hec7875

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2006
So I finaly got my USB adaptor in the mail and rushed to my PC to install. Now before I go any further, let me mention that i am not new to the computer world. (I am a computer instructor) Anyways I pop in the CD and follow the simple instructions, you klow, Click YES, then choose english then OK.... I am then promped to plug in the USB WiFi adapter and so I plug it in...then after a few moments, I get a stop error telling me to insert the Wifi USB adapter and then It goes no further. I used my brother's PC and it works fine. (I updated the Wii and fixed that SD card problem I mentioned before in this forum :D ) But to bring my bro's comp to my room to go online would be such a pain.

(Don't bpther mentioning anything about bringing the wii to his tv, it is so old it is imposible)

Here is what i have tried:
*Turned off FireWall
*Turned off Anti-Virus software
*Downloaded latest version of the Nintendo Wifi software

HALP!:mad2:

Ya I'm thinking you aren't using XP which is why you don't get the install new hardware wizard popping up.

Try going to control panel > add new hardware > automatically detect > and if it does try to remember where the folder was you did the install to, because that is where the drivers are going to be.

:mad2:

...yes, I have windows XP...

OK, I think I may have the solution. There is a rare, but still there issue in Windows XP for USB device detection. To fix this, open the registry editor (Run command, "regedit"), back up the registry (if you don't know how to do this, just google it), then in the tree view on the left, locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Enum, right click "USB" and choose "permissions". Select "Everyone" in the top frame, then in the bottom frame, ensure that "Full Control" and "Read" are checked under "Allow". If Everyone is not listed in the top frame, Click "Add" and type "Everyone" into the only available text box and click OK. Make sure the Full Control and Read checkboxes under allow are checked, click OK, exit, and reboot. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.

I'm not a computer tech or anything but try this:
go to registry and go:

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Usb

set DisableSelectiveSuspend
as 1

If your using a s939 Nforce board try plugging it into some other USB ports, the s939 nforce boards are total crap when using high drain USB devices.

You would think trying a new USB port was his first reaction to it not detecting a new plug and play device. If you haven't then try it, if you have then try doing what I told you about just going to add new hardware. Or just go and see if you can find it in device manager and just give it the location of the driver from the folder you installed everything to.

Could it not be a problem with the Installation CD? I know you can download all the installation files from the Nintendo site getting rid of the need for the CD at all, may help, dunno.

registerednerd said:
OK, I think I may have the solution. There is a rare, but still there issue in Windows XP for USB device detection. To fix this, open the registry editor (Run command, "regedit"), back up the registry (if you don't know how to do this, just google it), then in the tree view on the left, locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Enum, right click "USB" and choose "permissions". Select "Everyone" in the top frame, then in the bottom frame, ensure that "Full Control" and "Read" are checked under "Allow". If Everyone is not listed in the top frame, Click "Add" and type "Everyone" into the only available text box and click OK. Make sure the Full Control and Read checkboxes under allow are checked, click OK, exit, and reboot. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.

I have not tried this. I will do so when I get home.

BTW: I did try it with the other USB ports and I got the same deal.

Back