trouble w/router&wii things

orng_rain

kNows NotIn AboUt anYtiN
Feb 13, 2008
i gotz a linksys model#WRT54Gv8 &icant get a connection to anytin on my wii ive spent the past week obsessing that i cant figure it out

~~Trouble w/router and wii things~~

What it does not tell you in the manual is that Wii needs 802.11b. I struggled for hours before changing my router to use 802.11b and 802.11b as it was only set for g originally. Go into your router sattings. Try that.

~~Wiiconect24standbyoff will not allow access to news and weather~~

Same problem here.
I think we have finally established that if
Wiiconnect24 is ON and Wiiconnectstandby is OFF
then
Wiiconnect will not work on some channels ie News and Weather. In order for everything to work you have to have WiiC24 and Wii24standby BOTH ON
and that people want to be able to put the Wii on standby and not have it do updates and don't WANT to have to actually turn the Wii OFF at the machine.

Some are saying that they are being unreasonable and that all they have to do is leave it all turned on and just switch the Wii off by holding the console button in for a few seconds.

Now what is the point of the Wii having a fuction that does not work? It was designed so that when in standby mode it could be set so that it would not connect to any service but this function does not work.

Let me make an analogy. You have a TV in your bedroom. At night you want to be able to put it in standby from the comfort of your little bed after watching late night TV. You press the button and put it in standby but the picture stays on keeping you awake. The only way you can get it to go off is to get out of your little bed and press the button on the TV. Hooray it works that way so don't complain if one of the features of your purchase does not work, just put up with it! NO! You want it to work as it was designed to.

Same with the Wii. It was designed so that you could stop it from updating when it was in standby mode. But it will not unless you disable some fuctions that stop it working when you are using it = a fault.

Is Nintendo aware of this fault? Who knows? Do they read the forums?

Last edited:
Jules54 said:
What it does not tell you in the manual is that Wii needs 802.11b. I struggled for hours before changing my router to use 802.11b and 802.11b as it was only set for g originally.
You sure about that? My router is set to "g only" and the Wii is working fine (news, weather, shop, votes, Internet...the works).

thanks you guys but im not home now so ill have to try that tommoro... but i dunno how to Go into my router sattings :( like i may have said before,me no no notin bout electronics

Kryten said:
You sure about that? My router is set to "g only" and the Wii is working fine (news, weather, shop, votes, Internet...the works).

Mine would not recognise my router until I changed o to 802.11B and G

I spent hours trying to figure out what was wrong.

Anyway, back to the thread. Do you have Wconnect 24 on or off and do you have Wiiconnectstandby on or OFF?

I fixed it yay i used wrong password crazy huh? well thanks alot you guys i wouldn't be able to fix it without you

Back