Trouble With USB

mbp4evr

Sephiroth Cultist
Oct 9, 2007
MA, USA
OK, so when I try to install the USB connector to my computer it starts up fine and about half way through loading I insert the connector like it says. The load continues. Then when it finishes loading and another thing pops up. It says "ERROR" on the top and "Please insert the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector into your computer's USB port" even though it's already in there. Then, I click OK and the load bar window says Application error and the bar is full. I click OK and it closes. Then nothing happens.

*NOTE* I meet all the system requirements, I have broadband on Windows XP.

I couldn't get this to work. My DS no longer gets online. I think theres just something wrong with some of the USB port wifi connectors.

Ya, i tried callin nintendo twice but there's just a machine tellin me stuff i already know, and then there are no people available to talk to.

mbp4evr said:
OK, so when I try to install the USB connector to my computer it starts up fine and about half way through loading I insert the connector like it says. The load continues. Then when it finishes loading and another thing pops up. It says "ERROR" on the top and "Please insert the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector into your computer's USB port" even though it's already in there. Then, I click OK and the load bar window says Application error and the bar is full. I click OK and it closes. Then nothing happens.

*NOTE* I meet all the system requirements, I have broadband on Windows XP.

you should go to your store and tell them that the product they sold you was defected and that you demand for it to be replaced.

No, because I remember it working on my aunt's coputer a few months ago.

I am having the exact same problem. I tried checking the nintendo forums, but they aren't working at the moment. The Wi-Fi USB connector used to work on my computer at home, but ever since I tried installing it on my laptop, I get the "Please insert the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector into your computer's USB port". It IS already in the USB port. I have followed the installation instructions exactly. I'm using the newest updated driver software (which apparently works for windows vista). I have tried everything I can possibly think of. If anybody has the solution, or even a link to the solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have connection issues but it is that my two systems can't seem to find my adapter and the nall of a sudden the work again. Also do you notice yours getting hot?

If you notice on the Nintendo website they say that the Usb connector is no longer available. So support is probabaly not coming.

I noticed with mine that I need to put it in my freezer for 5 minutes after using my online features. This is caused from the heat the little dude generates. If anyone is having the issue where the usb works but after time it shuts of and your registration tool starts displaying chinese then this is the fix for you. I am attemtinp to mount mine in some form of a heatsink. I will let you guys know how that works out.

Back