TRU preorders SUNDAY! SUNDAY!! (official)

NeMeZyZ

Chapter .1
Aug 20, 2006
Miami Beach, fl
heres the link:
http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...DST_0_RETAIL-TOYSRUS-WII.XML&rpc=66&type=qcna

it states:

NEW YORK, Oct 26 (Reuters) - Toys "R" Us said on Thursday that it will begin begin pre-order taking for Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s (7974.OS: Quote, NEWS, Research) Wii video game console on Oct. 29 at its stores.

The toy retailer said a $50 deposit is required to reserve one of the consoles.

Nintendo's Wii will make its U.S. debut on Nov. 19 in what should be a hot holiday season for video game consoles, with Sony Corp.'s (6758.T: Quote, NEWS, Research) PlayStation 3 slated to hit U.S. stores Nov. 17.

But severe shortages are expected for the Wii and the PlayStation 3, as demand outstrips the companies' ability to turn out the new devices.

Earlier this month, GameStop Corp. (GME.N: Quote, Profile, Research), the biggest video game retailer in the United States, stopped taking pre-orders for the Wii the same day it started taking the orders.

"Due to extremely limited supply, we expect to reach our limit very quickly, most likely in minutes. We will not accept additional pre-orders at that time," GameStop said in announcing its pre-order plan.

The Wii, priced at about $250, features a motion-sensing controller that operates like a television remote control and lets players simulate swinging a bat, sword or tennis racquet.

In September, Toys "R" Us included the Wii on its "hot toy" list for the upcoming holiday season.

Nintendo has said it expects to supply 4 million Wii units worldwide by year end. Sony expects to ship 2 million PS3s in the same time period."

so you better get ya assses up and go get cho' shiyyatt! lol, man that was fun, i might go get another one, and then rip someone off on ebay hehe, but yea ppl, its official now!

yup was gonna post below but found this info too lol

Those unlucky souls who missed out on getting their next-gen system pre-orders at Gamestop will have another chance to throw money at a large, multinational corporation this weekend. Toys "R" Us will be taking pre-orders for the PS3 and Wii for $50 down starting on Sunday, Oct. 29.

Stores contacted by Joystiq said they didn't know exactly how many pre-orders they would be taking, but a poster on the Gaming-Age forums estimates 12 to 25 Wiis and five to 14 PS3s per store (take these estimates with an unconfirmed grain of salt). The offer will be well-publicized in the Toys "R" Us "big book" (see pp. 64, 66) due in this weekend's newspapers, so be sure to get to the store early if you want to beat out little Billy's kindly old grandmother and others like her.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/26/toys-r-us-ps3-wii-pre-orders-sunday/

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/Th...Us_PS3_And_Wii_PreOrders_Sunday.html#comments

I just called the TRU near me and they were saying the 29th they are only having the PS3 for preorder and not the Wii. The girl was probably wrong but i'm about to call a few others near me to make sure!

Back