Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Trulen's MOH:H2 review thread.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by Trulen, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Trulen

Trulen Isn't here as much

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Well. I got it yesterday.

Played it for about 3 hours. Read act IV of Hamlet. Went to bed.

Today, got home, read a little of "The Hunt for Red October," came in, played for 30 minutes. Went to Randall's Formal Wear. Got my tux. Went to choir practice. Got home. Ate supper. Got dad to play Blazing Angels (which be bought for himself). Dad blew up and quite the game. I then played MOH for an hour and a half.

Total, I've played 5 and a half hours.

NOW ON WITH THE REVIEW.

K. First thing. I loaded up the game, looked at the controls, and headed straight to online. Now, bear with me. This is my first online FPS.

So I go into this room. It's ranked (I didn't know it yet). And then I start moving around getting used to the controls. Then I die. Without seeing who killed me. I expected that.

So I respawned after 10 seconds (Blast you respawn time!) and ran around a little. Saw a guy and unloaded a clip in his general direction (whether I hit much at all, I don't quite know!). Well, needless to say I died.

And it continued like that for 5 minutes. end of match: I have 6 deaths and 0 kills.

Next match, I play a Team Death Match. It was hard for me to figure out who the enemy is and whatnot, since both teams have a suit that look like the other. But I manged to kill 2 people by the end of it.

But then things started to get heated. I played village.
    And, I was able to kill a number of people. Still had a negative score, though.
    But my best moment was when I spawned somewhere, and then a guy spawned right on top of me. I spazzed and shot like a crazy man. Killed him. Horrah!

Then, saw three other guys heading toward me. No way in heck I'll survive.
    So I pathetically lob a grenade. I die.
    But I also see
    " TRULEN HAS KILLED XXX (GRENADE)
    TRULEN HAS KILLED XXX (GRENADE)
    TRULEN HAS KILLED XXX (GRENADE)"

3 people at once!

But what stunk about that night, is that my parents would call me into their room to help them build a bed. My parents don't play the "I'm almost done" junk.

So I'd sit there and get killed while I help build the bed.

But one thing that irks me is that the game doesn't mind spawning you right next to a guy that's ready to fill you full of lead. Needs a safe-respawn.

Also, I've had some connection problems. Sometimes, it'll take me 5 tries to get into a room.

But other than that, I've had fun. I just need to finish reading "The Hunt For Red October." Gotta get them AR points!

2. LiquidD

LiquidD Pwnage Master

Wii Friend Code: 6555-2844-7958-4986
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    I got this game when it came out. I just traded it in last night.

3. phillepino

phillepino SSBB Name = JAA!

Wii Friend Code: 5481-6878-4567-7796
    5481-6878-4567-7796
    GLAD you had fun in the game!

I had a lot of fun from this game as well!

However, I'm grounded :(

4. edcoche

edcoche WiiChat Member

I'm still enjoying playing mohh2 quite a bit. In fact, time for a lil TDM, hopefully sewers!

5. elmo_999

elmo_999 Wii launch Owner

I think i might pick this one up. Seems worth setting up wifi again.

6. CrAzyXBo11

CrAzyXBo11 AoW Sniper

Wii Friend Code: 7056-1267-5651-1420
    7056-1267-5651-1420
    i got this 3 days after it came out....and i have been enjoying it since....if you get bored of spraying everyone an shooting wildly....try to go to the map port on TDM and use a sniper....get good at that...yoll fall in love trust me =].....i play this game a least 2 hour a day....

7. edcoche

edcoche WiiChat Member

Do you use the Zapper when you play online or wii-remote/nunchuck?

Personally I have been using the Zapper and havent even played the game with the other controls yet.

8. cyberzomby

cyberzomby OH NOES! A PICTURE

Wii Friend Code: 4855-3513-2198-8739
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    So you live in the US or found a place in the EU where they sell it?

9. Marioman

Marioman Locke likes oranges

Wii Friend Code: 2808-0927-1557-0457
    2808-0927-1557-0457
    Sweet review...can't wait till X-mas

10. LoganSix

LoganSix WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2294-2353-1207-3330
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    I played again last night... after spending the previous night in campaign mode.
    That made a big difference compared to my previous outing.

For the spawning issues, play a CTF game. At least you spawn in the same spot. Problem with that, it could be a nice spot for the enemy to lob grenades into as everyone keeps spawning. Or (which I actually did) it could be open to a sniper on the other side of the map to pick people off after they spawn. But, that is countered by a sniper to sniper duel. I did managed to kill enough and not die enough in a few matches that I wasn't feeling like everyone is cheating.

Shotgun is nice, but reloads too slowly.
    The "BAR" is the best for killing, until you run out of ammo.
    Sniper rifle is great and can be a one or two shot kill. A "snipers only" map also has the pistol, which actually makes it annoying, because you can be trying to snipe someone and another guy comes up and puts a full clip from the pistol into the back of your head.

BTW, I'm using the Zapper and just figured out how to lob grenades better near the end of my playing time last night.

11. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

too plain compared to other war games like CoD4 or even CoD2 and im not talking about graphics, but the actual game. But shooting with nunchuck is cool.

12. Wiinter

Wiinter Audentes fortuna iuvat

Wii Friend Code: 8745-5143-2651-5351
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    There's always some danger to getting into an online game late. Some people have already logged 100+ hours and made thousands of kills, memorized every nook and crany of the map and honed their aim and control sensistivity to perfection.

As a general rule, unranked games will have less skilled players. That's a pretty good place to get better.

Otherwise, you can actually look at the people on a particular server and check their ranks. Then avoid servers with highly ranked players. That should make it a little less frustrating.

13. CrAzyXBo11

CrAzyXBo11 AoW Sniper

Wii Friend Code: 7056-1267-5651-1420
    7056-1267-5651-1420
    i use the wii mote with the nunchuk....its way easier to control

14. CantGetAWii

CantGetAWii WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3099-0319-5478-2979
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Online is the only real good thing about that game.
    Storymode is kinda lacking, but the online is sweet.
    Which in turn makes up for it I guess.

15. cyberzomby

cyberzomby OH NOES! A PICTURE

Wii Friend Code: 4855-3513-2198-8739
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Sounds like just another medal of honor game. Every game from the series has been like this. Not a very interesting story, somewhat fun gameplay that bores fast. So Im not surprised! Will still get it to get that classic medal of honor: allied assault tdm feeling again!

16. Jimmer1720

Jimmer1720 Awating Headset Support

You can recognize a ranked game from a non by the EA logo next to the connection bars on the far left.

But of course, being a Moderator here, SURELY you would know that right?:lol:

17. lackluster dj

lackluster dj WiiChat Member

this game is hardly your average run of the mill medal of honor game.

1. it's online!! and may be the only online fps we get for the wii for some time!

2. the controls are the best we've seen yet. the wii controller has soooo much potential in the fps genre and we are FINALLY seeing it with this game!!

agree about the story/theme/campaign though, all about going online with your wii for the FIRST time, and using the BEST control set up available.

18. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Probably an 8 or 8.5 in Wii standards. But if you're wondering why the reviews arent as high on websites is because the reviewers know how good a WWII shooter with online can be. Look at Call of Duty 2 or even Call of Duty 3which wasnt as good as 2.

Plus... MoH isnt as good of a franchise as CoD. Even MoH: Airborne for PS3 and Xbox which look ALOT better than Wii got an average score of about 7 because it lacks things thats been done which makes it another average WWII shooter. But of course if your a person who doesnt play other game consoles and only been playing Wii then it will obviously be very good in your eyes.

19. Trulen

Trulen Isn't here as much

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Arg. I'm steadily getting annoyed at the shotgun.
    Others run up behind you and get a good shot, killin' ya in one go!

And there's also the accidental team-mate kill by grenade!

I've been in the neagative scores lately.
    But then there was that moment when I killed 5 guys in a row without dying today!

Was great. And I was even doubled teamed~

But the game hurts my hand for some reason. I can't play for long periods.

But add me on Trulen on EA Nation if you want. Send me a message, too. I'll jump in a match with ya.

EDIT: Well, got into an endless unranked match.
    And I started killing people.
    Funny thing was, I wasn't dying. At all.

I didn't really notice this until I got hit with a grenade, and then three guys from the opposite team unloaded their clip into me.
    But I didn't die.

I knew I had the invicibility glitch. So I had a little fun with it and mowed down 3 people, but then felt sorry for a guy as I stood there and he shot me in the face with a shotgun 3 times and I didn't take damage. So I quit the game.

20. Dzapper

Dzapper Akatsuki Assassin

Wii Friend Code: 4627-4261-3182-4550
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    OMG!!!! You are reading Hunt for Read October!!!! That was my favorite book of all time. Tom Clancy is an amazing author and this was by far his best work!!!! Screw MOHH2!!!!!! You should read that book!!!!!!