Trulen's MOH:H2 review thread.

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Well. I got it yesterday.

Played it for about 3 hours. Read act IV of Hamlet. Went to bed.

Today, got home, read a little of "The Hunt for Red October," came in, played for 30 minutes. Went to Randall's Formal Wear. Got my tux. Went to choir practice. Got home. Ate supper. Got dad to play Blazing Angels (which be bought for himself). Dad blew up and quite the game. I then played MOH for an hour and a half.

Total, I've played 5 and a half hours.

NOW ON WITH THE REVIEW.

K. First thing. I loaded up the game, looked at the controls, and headed straight to online. Now, bear with me. This is my first online FPS.

So I go into this room. It's ranked (I didn't know it yet). And then I start moving around getting used to the controls. Then I die. Without seeing who killed me. I expected that.

So I respawned after 10 seconds (Blast you respawn time!) and ran around a little. Saw a guy and unloaded a clip in his general direction (whether I hit much at all, I don't quite know!). Well, needless to say I died.

And it continued like that for 5 minutes. end of match: I have 6 deaths and 0 kills.

Next match, I play a Team Death Match. It was hard for me to figure out who the enemy is and whatnot, since both teams have a suit that look like the other. But I manged to kill 2 people by the end of it.

But then things started to get heated. I played village.
And, I was able to kill a number of people. Still had a negative score, though.
But my best moment was when I spawned somewhere, and then a guy spawned right on top of me. I spazzed and shot like a crazy man. Killed him. Horrah!

Then, saw three other guys heading toward me. No way in heck I'll survive.
So I pathetically lob a grenade. I die.
But I also see
" TRULEN HAS KILLED XXX (GRENADE)
TRULEN HAS KILLED XXX (GRENADE)
TRULEN HAS KILLED XXX (GRENADE)"

3 people at once!

But what stunk about that night, is that my parents would call me into their room to help them build a bed. My parents don't play the "I'm almost done" junk.

So I'd sit there and get killed while I help build the bed.

But one thing that irks me is that the game doesn't mind spawning you right next to a guy that's ready to fill you full of lead. Needs a safe-respawn.

Also, I've had some connection problems. Sometimes, it'll take me 5 tries to get into a room.

But other than that, I've had fun. I just need to finish reading "The Hunt For Red October." Gotta get them AR points!

GLAD you had fun in the game!

I had a lot of fun from this game as well!

However, I'm grounded :(

I'm still enjoying playing mohh2 quite a bit. In fact, time for a lil TDM, hopefully sewers!

i got this 3 days after it came out....and i have been enjoying it since....if you get bored of spraying everyone an shooting wildly....try to go to the map port on TDM and use a sniper....get good at that...yoll fall in love trust me =].....i play this game a least 2 hour a day....

CrAzyXBo11 said:
i got this 3 days after it came out....and i have been enjoying it since....if you get bored of spraying everyone an shooting wildly....try to go to the map port on TDM and use a sniper....get good at that...yoll fall in love trust me =].....i play this game a least 2 hour a day....

Do you use the Zapper when you play online or wii-remote/nunchuck?

Personally I have been using the Zapper and havent even played the game with the other controls yet.

I played again last night... after spending the previous night in campaign mode.
That made a big difference compared to my previous outing.

For the spawning issues, play a CTF game. At least you spawn in the same spot. Problem with that, it could be a nice spot for the enemy to lob grenades into as everyone keeps spawning. Or (which I actually did) it could be open to a sniper on the other side of the map to pick people off after they spawn. But, that is countered by a sniper to sniper duel. I did managed to kill enough and not die enough in a few matches that I wasn't feeling like everyone is cheating.

Shotgun is nice, but reloads too slowly.
The "BAR" is the best for killing, until you run out of ammo.
Sniper rifle is great and can be a one or two shot kill. A "snipers only" map also has the pistol, which actually makes it annoying, because you can be trying to snipe someone and another guy comes up and puts a full clip from the pistol into the back of your head.

BTW, I'm using the Zapper and just figured out how to lob grenades better near the end of my playing time last night.

too plain compared to other war games like CoD4 or even CoD2 and im not talking about graphics, but the actual game. But shooting with nunchuck is cool.

Trulen said:
And it continued like that for 5 minutes. end of match: I have 6 deaths and 0 kills.

There's always some danger to getting into an online game late. Some people have already logged 100+ hours and made thousands of kills, memorized every nook and crany of the map and honed their aim and control sensistivity to perfection.

As a general rule, unranked games will have less skilled players. That's a pretty good place to get better.

Otherwise, you can actually look at the people on a particular server and check their ranks. Then avoid servers with highly ranked players. That should make it a little less frustrating.

i use the wii mote with the nunchuk....its way easier to control

Online is the only real good thing about that game.
Storymode is kinda lacking, but the online is sweet.
Which in turn makes up for it I guess.

Sounds like just another medal of honor game. Every game from the series has been like this. Not a very interesting story, somewhat fun gameplay that bores fast. So Im not surprised! Will still get it to get that classic medal of honor: allied assault tdm feeling again!

Back