Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Trying to connect with Linksys befw11s4 ver. 4

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Online' started by rhiannon, Jan 12, 2008.

1. rhiannon

rhiannon WiiChat Member

I know this topic is talked to death, but I'm having trouble finding an answer that works!

I have the ver. 4 linksys befw11s4 router, and have never had any problems connecting the Wii to the internet until just now. We had gone a few months without internet at home, and just had it installed today. My husband connected the wii to the internet and it worked fine. Then a little while later it wouldn't connect again.

I have tried all the DNS stuff that I could figure out (though I'm still not entirely clear on how to set a static DNS or IP... and the Linksys page didn't clear that up for me either). Router is set to channel 11. It's a B router, so no G/B issues. Turned off the security and that didn't work. Tried two different WEP keys, made sure to use CAPS when necessary. Did power cycles several times. I tried setting the MAC number, but I don't really know what that means, so I'm not sure if I did it right.

The DS and both of our computers are connecting just fine.

I'm not sure if maybe I just didn't hit on the right combination of solutions? Do I need to do something with the MAC and a static IP at the same time?

Any more ideas?

Thanks!