Trying to get a Wii this Sunday...

Gilbert

WiiChat Member
Mar 7, 2008
How early should I arrive, if the store opens at 11:00 am? I'm willing to do anything.

That is SO GREAT!!! welcome to wiichat!
you will find great information here! :yesnod:

visit my surreal thread to share what you love about your wii :) when you get to use it!!!

If your willing to do anything and want to get a Wii real bad I would go at midnight. There will be other people looking for Wii's as well with the release of Brawl, so thats probably your best bet.

I'd suggest leaving no later than 4:00 AM. It might be a lot of waiting, but you will probably be guaranteed a Wii. The best of luck to you my friend. :)

Do you have the money for it now? If so, call your local places and ask if they have any Wii's in stock.

I have a strong feeling you won't be able to buy a Wii on the day Brawl is out.

Depends on exactly where you live. Big city, I'd say midnight, medium sized town, probably 4:00AM. Small rural town, 6 or 7AM. Goodluck...

I've already called every store that I know sells Wii's and they're all sold out, only Best Buy said that they would have some in on Sunday...

this is how i got a NEW wii and RETAIL price during Xmas rush. :yesnod::yesnod:
  • look for a store advertising wiis in their circulars... this can take MUCH circular hunting...
  • be THE FIRST customer for the day posted in the circular and run straight to get one... (shouldn't require campling out)...
  • if they are "out" show them the circular that showed they would have one and ask for a rain check
  • if they don't give rain-checks then INSIST that they do! they advertised that they WOULD have them in their circular... AFTERALL you were the first customer in the store!
  • you should be able to get a rain check due to a false forcast in the circular
i didn't have to take much time while they decided to agree, but i would've pushed very hard and spent much time standing there insisting everytime a customer was in ear-shot. :yesnod:

Gilbert said:
How early should I arrive, if the store opens at 11:00 am? I'm willing to do anything.

Unlucky! I can't believe people are still on the search for Wii's!

Everytime I go into work on a saturday we have between 3 and 4 just kicking around in the stockroom!

Seriously, anyone who doesn't have a Wii by now, who actually really wants one, is obviously not trying hard enough.

I wouldn't follow the advice for the Christmas rush, most stores ad's clearly state NO RAINCHECKS. Also, most people who really want one will camp out. Which means you won't be the first person in the store, so unless they got 12 and only 3 people are camping out, you most likely aren't going to get one.

4 A.M. should get you a top 10 spot. It's a shame some people still can't find Wii's, as well as an incredible tribute to the popularity of the Wii.

goober_nut said:
I wouldn't follow the advice for the Christmas rush, most stores ad's clearly state NO RAINCHECKS. Also, most people who really want one will camp out. Which means you won't be the first person in the store, so unless they got 12 and only 3 people are camping out, you most likely aren't going to get one.

*ahem* if you're the 1st one there and there is no Wiis as advertised... you are entitled to a rain check..

visit customer service: don't give up... don't give in them :wink:

I got a Wii at christmas by getting to a store at 5 for a 8:00 opening... But I think you should get to the store by 3:00am at least. I was competing with less-then-happy parents, you will most likely be hanging with the big dogs. ^_^

you have to camp out if you realy want one best buy will give number for each unit so sometimes you don't have to wait untill the store open they will give the number early .

good luck:smilewinkgrin:

Back