turn off sliding

jic

WiiChat Member
Apr 13, 2007
Hi,

Please can you help me with a wii configuration thing? I would like to be able to stop things sliding around on the wii and instead just have them appear or disappear. For example on the browser when I ask for a keyboard it slides up from the bottom of the screen and I would like it to just appear instead. If there was a global config setting that would change this for all sliding things that would be great. The reason is that the sliding things on the screen make me motion sick really very quickly and so I can't use the machine at all myself and cannot be in the room when someone else is using it.

I know that in Mac OS X you can fix this with a simple config command since the sliding can be configured to happen at different speeds. If you speed the sliding up so it happens really quickly then you can't see the sliding and so the things just seems to appear instead. If we could do that on the wii then it would really be a great thing.

Thanks for your help with this.

j

:sad: Sorry to hear man, I dont' think there is currently an option that I've seen. Might be a good thing to write to nintendo about.

Carrying on from Skorp, You should contact Nintendo as it would be pretty easy to add an option with a firmware update, but i think plenty of people need to write to them about this to get a decent enough chance to having this added to the settings.

Hi,

Thanks for that. Do you have any of how I would do that? I couldn't find an e-mail address or online form that seemed like the right one.

Thanks,
j

Back