TV Guide Channel (Japan Only)

Kenji510

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Wii Online Code
8193-4915-4160-2184
Hey guys, just browsing through the GoNintendo site and it looks like japan gots a new channel called TV Guide Channel looks kinda interesting and weird... i heard it takes out like 135 blocks space for it... what do you all think?... check out the link below to see the video.

Link video: http://gonintendo.com/?p=36903

there no doubt the US version would vary greatly... i would try it :)

space doesn't matter to me... i would just buy an SD Card :)
if i have money to blow on somethine... i better have the accessory

Wii TV Guide Channel Launches In Japan

Nintendo released their latest Wii channel today: the TV Friend Channel. What is it? A TV Guide. With benefits. Yes, on the surface, it's just a TV guide with the ability to highlight shows you'd like to watch. BORING. Some of the things Nintendo have added to spice things up a little, however, aren't quite boring. For one, while the Channel's running, it'll let you use your Wii Remote as a TV Remote. Pointless, yes, but interesting nonetheless. The Channel will also have limited community features: you'll be able to see what shows your friends have highlighted, and Nintendo will centrally track these records (as well as star-ratings for each program). Still pointless, but a little more interesting. Finally, it'll also let you register your mobile number and e-mail address: mark a show on the guide that you wanna see, and 30 minutes before it starts you'll get a text message and/or an email about it. That's not pointless. It's downright useful!
linkage

HOWEVER,

No Europe plans for Wii TV guide

Nintendo has launched a TV guide channel for Wii in Japan, but Nintendo Europe has told Eurogamer there are "no plans for Europe".

IGN reports that it's called the "Television Friend Channel", costs nothing, and allows you and your friends and family to keep track of programmes up to a week in advance.

If you tag a programme, a little Mii stamp appears on it so people can see what you're watching (so, Dancing With Ice In Their Stars or whatever bollocks Ellie usually references).

The channel will even send out alerts to your phone or email inbox in advance of the show starting.

Perhaps most interesting though, it allows you to use the Wiimote as an actual TV remote, switching from the TV guide to your actual TV channels.

This is evidently more complicated than it sounds, however, as IGN notes that it involves bouncing a sensor bar signal off the wall. Magic.

For the moment the Television Friend Channel is Japan-only, as it uses a local G-Guide service, but it's the sort of thing Nintendo typically rolls out here too.

LINKAGE

YEAH, SO IT SUX FOR EUROPEANS

So far talks for the american version has been shot down from what I've seen aswell..

Although it's pretty useless anyone with cable or satelite of any kind has a interactive TV guide channe, or atleast the scrolling t.v. guide channel. And honeslty there isn't enough people with attena t.v. service anymore to worry about releasing it. This is just something thats not normally included in every day t.v. service in Japan. Neat feature but not needed..

It just looks like the TV Guide Channel I have at home, and even if this did come to North America I would not download it. What needs to come over here to North America though is the Everybody's Nintendo Channel.

Yeah i rather use my Comcast Digital Cable... its much better for me, haha... go on demand and other things too.

wezeles said:
So far talks for the american version has been shot down from what I've seen aswell..

Although it's pretty useless anyone with cable or satelite of any kind has a interactive TV guide channe, or atleast the scrolling t.v. guide channel. And honeslty there isn't enough people with attena t.v. service anymore to worry about releasing it. This is just something thats not normally included in every day t.v. service in Japan. Neat feature but not needed..
yea i read somewhere that they cant make a US version because there is one tv scedule for the US there is a lot

*yaaaaaaawn*

What a mind numbingly mundane idea...

...almost fell asleep reading that article.

Back