tv screen message

sonnyboy

WiiChat Member
Apr 1, 2007
Hello everybody , I have a slight problem with our system. My young son tried to connect to the internet to check for Wii updates. Our modem/router is wireless capable but there is no wireless network setup on our computer, so the Wii must have detected someone else's and started to download an update the screen message says not to power off. The status is only about 10% complete after a couple of hours. What will happen if the power is shut off ? There does not seem to be a way to cancel the operation.

Many Thanks , in advance
Sonnyboy

you can unplug it, It's happened to me. You can just unplug the cord to cancel the update.
It won't do anything to the system, if it does, you can always reformat via the settings menu. I suggest you move save game data to an SD card beforehand though, if it gets to that.

sonnyboy said:
Hello everybody , I have a slight problem with our system. My young son tried to connect to the internet to check for Wii updates. Our modem/router is wireless capable but there is no wireless network setup on our computer, so the Wii must have detected someone else's and started to download an update the screen message says not to power off. The status is only about 10% complete after a couple of hours. What will happen if the power is shut off ? There does not seem to be a way to cancel the operation.

Many Thanks , in advance
Sonnyboy

you'll need to pull the power plug out of the back of the Wii. Don't quote me(!) but it shouldn't do any damage. It is something that you will have to do from time to time if the system 'hangs'. Then try again. A friend is having problems with getting their Wii online, so don't be alarmed if it doesn't work. . . . normal service should resume shortly!

Thank you very much for the prompt reply to my question. Your help is greatly
appreciated.
Thanks Again
Sonnyboy

Back