Twilight Princess is tedious

Colmino

WiiChat Member
Nov 24, 2006
After much agonizing, I forewent the Wii version of Twilight Princess and picked up the Gamecube version. So at the very least, the controls are agreeable. But I am finding that there are things about the game itself which are reducing my enjoyment to the point that playing the thing and solving the puzzles becomes more of a task to get out of the way than actual entertainment.

My specific question: Is there ever going to be a point in this game where Link is not saddled with a manifestly annoying, audacious, game-ruining, rotund midget named Midna? Everything about that irritating little twerp, from its abrasive dialogue to the fact that the completely inexplicable wolf jumping relies upon it, bugs the hell out of me, and destroys the gaming experience. I'll keep playing as long as there's a point where I no longer have to suffer moments when it shows its squat form to offer more abusive dialogue.

I'll even pretend that the rest of the game isn't deeply flawed.

Wait, what?

All your fancy adjetives and nouns confuse me, too many to look up on a dictionary!

And is Midna tedious.. Or... The puzzles?

'Cause you mention barely about puzzles being tedious, but then you launch into a rant about Midna.

Deal with it buddy.
You're stuck with her through basically the whole game.
But be glad, we dont have Navi trying to talk to us...every single waking minute of the game.
"HEY!"

She's with you right to the triumphant ending.
There are a ton of free walkthroughs on the internet. Just google "Twilight Princess, walkthrough" and you'll see 'em. That way, if you're like me and get tired of puzzles after 30 min and want to get on with the action, you can beat them in 20 sec.

Trulen said:
And is Midna tedious.. Or... The puzzles?

'Cause you mention barely about puzzles being tedious, but then you launch into a rant about Midna.
That's because my #1 gripe with the game concerns Midna. All else pales.

Navi may have been vaguely irksome but they did not, at least, make the catastrophic error of causing Navi's personality to be that of a haughty brat that I would like to strangle the life out of. Nor did key gameplay mechanics (wolf jumping) utterly rely upon Navi. (The wolf jumping is, to be blunt, stupid.)

mothershipconnection said:
That way, if you're like me and get tired of puzzles after 30 min and want to get on with the action, you can beat them in 20 sec.
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I paid a rare ~$55 for this presumed masterpiece so I'm taking the time to figure things out without hints - not that there has been anything that required any deep thought as yet. I was really enjoying the game right up until the moment I escaped from the cell.

At least things regained a vague sense of enjoyability when I was well rid of those freaking annoying monkeys. Midna by herself is plenty detractful.

I must say I don't enjoy the wof bits that much, but apart from that and the tedious bosses, the game rockz. Harder bosses would make me play that game through a second time for sure though.

hey, midna is cool!
i didn't like midna at first but once u find out more about 'it' you may get to like the character more ;O.

Back