Twilight Princess save exploit allow possible homebrew/hack on unmodded Wii's

Evi1d33d

CheapAssGamer
Aug 11, 2006
SC, USA
Beware of crappy music
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaRhyEUOk44[/MEDIA]
What happened in the video is that a guy copied a hacked save file from SD card to the Wii. After loading the game, the exploit was triggered when Link talked to a NPC. The black screen with text on it is where the game was crashed and a custom program was loaded on the Wii.

Since the exploit was on a game, it's unlikely that it'll be patched by a Wii update.

Note that it doesn't work newer copies of the game so get a preowned one if you don't already own one.

More info: http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Twilight_Hack

Ok, it's homebrew which means you can run your own program. It means you can run games and programs other armatures make. Think WiiWare channel without spending money to buy them. Or allow you to import Super Smash Brawl without using a modchip. The possibility is limitless.

Last edited:
i don't really understand how this hack would allow you to run anything besides the hack. Am i missing something?

basically they found an exploit in the game which allows people to run programs not offically made by Nintendo. So once this hack is complete people should be able to play super nintendo sega n64 etc on their Wii for free, or like the other guy said the limits of what it can do are endless.

so basically it doesn't nothing ,but serve the purpose of a tech demo of sorts. This kind of reminds me of the soft modding with Xbox ,and Splinter Cell.

Haha.

Right.

For one, the screen size changes from loading the save into the wii, and they may have switched TVs.. Or taken a video from somewhere else after they've "loaded" the game.

At first, the screen is somewhat round.

Then BAM. It's nice and square.

And then the crash?

Haha.

Just freeze the picture and go to a blackscreen.
Then have a video that does all that nearly-impossible-to-read text.

More likely a hoax.

whether its fake ,or not at this point it's useless to anyone ,but homebrew developers i'm sure

A better picture of the hack
[MEDIA]http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachments/nintendo-news/15206-twilight-hack-v0-1-alpha1-released-twilight.png[/MEDIA]
USBgecko is a GC memory card that can be accessed via USB. It was used to load homebrew on the GC.

But its loading the save off the SD card and if you look closely at that image it says "Slot A: SD Card Not Detected

I call Bullsh1t

Actually if you search 'twilight hack' on youtube there are videos of other people doing it. Unless they are all part of the big conspiracy.

But the video doesn't show in any what what it is ultimately claiming: that you can suddenly play other games on the Wii without doing this-or-that....
All it showed was that it can initiate a black screen with some text on it....wow.
So let's see what it can now "do". Otherwise this video is completely pointless.

Back