twitchy remote

Maximo

Wii Fanatic
Dec 31, 2006
Mckeesport,PA
Wii Online Code
0558-5461-4916-6731
I've notice only during my place time with Mario Galaxy that my cursor kind of twitches it becomes really annoying when trying to select things in the game. I also noticed that i can see the cursor tilt left ,and right even if i'm not tilting the remote. i also noticed sometimes when i go to shoot a star bit it doesnt shoot right away i have to sometimes press the button a second time. I think that might be a result of the twitchiness. I've never had this problem on any of the other Wii games nor my Wii Menu. So i don't get it. Anyone else have a similar issue?

brand new... i thought it was that ,but it still did it after the new set.

I get the twitching thing when I'm sitting too far from the sensor thing.

i'm as far from the TV as i usually am...unless this one has a different sensitivity thing going on.

Give it a good wack with your hand, or take the batteries out and let it sit for a while.

I am experiencing the same thing with Super Mario Galaxy. The remote jerks and is twitchy when I play this game. When I move the remote around the screen (to pick up star bits, for example) the cursor jerks around and the wii remote rumble activates, like I moved the cursor over a button or something else selectable. Of course, nothing is there to select, it just does it randomly. Also, like the OP, it makes it really hard to select anything - when I select a galaxy or a level within that galaxy, the cursor freaks out. I can still select the selectable item but the icon freaks out, the remote rumbles constantly, like I am constantly moving my remote from and back to the selectable area (sorry if this is confusing, it's really hard to explain). Incidentally, I have tried this with two remotes, to the same effect.

I get this a little bit with the Wii menu, but it really goes into overdrive with Mario Galaxy. I have also tried Wii Sports and Trauma Center: SO, and it's not nearly as bad as it is with Mario.

This sounds to me like a sensor bar issue, but I have no other lights or IR sources (except for my cable box about 9 inches above the TV) near the Wii or the sensor bar. The only thing I can think of is that I have two glossy 24x36 posters on the wall behind me, but not directly behind me, about 6 feet either side of me - can these reflective surfaces also be the culprit?

I just got the Wii a couple of days ago, so I am most certainly a Wii noob, but I think I have done everything correctly in terms of setting up the Wii and sensor bar.

Has anyone else experienced this - I can still play the game fine, just the jerkiness of the cursor is really bothering me.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

I'm pretty sure you guys are just too far away from the screen and you don't realize it. If not, then you bought a faulty game.

Hah, either way, it makes you look dumb.

Back