U.S. Everyone's Nintend Channel Might Arrive Soon

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
enc.JPG

Rumor has it that Everyone's Nintendo Channel, that channel that will be packed with Nintendo-flavored infomercials, some insider interviews, video and DS downloads, will be hitting the U.S. in the next month or so.

A source tells us that the channel will also be home to some of the same sort of video game centric videos found on Xbox Live and the Playstation Network. Specifically, convention videos might start popping up on the channel once it goes live in the states. It's unclear if Nintendo will follow the same path as Microsoft, and now Sony, and start producing their own material from show floors or just rely on pre-packed stuff from the hosts themselves.

Source:http://kotaku.com/353605/everyones-nintendo-channel-us-bound-soon

So do you guys believe it's true?

I think so, we were bound to get the channel in some shape and form.
I am just glad to hear that it may be coming sooner, sooner than I had expected anyways. When it comes it will no doubt be the best Wii Channel we have.

Awesome! I can't wait... and hopefully they release the guitar hero DLC with this channel.

I don't get it. What's the point of it? What can I get there that I can't just get at IGN, Gamespot, and a myriad of other websites on my computer?

Atomheart said:
I don't get it. What's the point of it? What can I get there that I can't just get at IGN, Gamespot, and a myriad of other websites on my computer?
no one is forcing you to download it.

Its gonna end up being the TV guide channel to the Wii... 360 and ps3 have it.

It's just to show you what you have what you can do and what your gonna get and what you will be able to do... It's there own internal hype machine, the DS downloads will be the best part maybe a few demos here and there for the Wii itself too, besides that its nothing fancy just give you more to do and see in the end, and most likely for free... Can't complain about free.

Sounds pretty cool I guess (that it's coming) but even with all the features, I think this channel will be some flop like any other, over hyped; the Wii's Hard-drive can only download so much "exclusive content".

Depends how its setup though, my guess is its just a small interface that links you to internet content and it won't really hurt internal memory.This is the way alot of comapnys provide this type of service, otherwise you would be downloading forever even with a fast conection.

Confucius say said:
it is better to buffer than to download...

Nintendo will probably make there own youtube type site connected directly by this channel. They wouldn't make you download videos/reviews directly to the Wii just the DS and Wii demo games, and the DS games will probably go directly to the DS never being stored on the Wii at all.

They do still need to boost up our memory though. Im sure something will be annouced for that soon aswell. My hope is more twards opening up the SD slot for full access instead of an external harddrive. I got plenty of spare SD cards and atleast they are useful for other things aswell.

Last edited:
Atomheart said:

To preview upcoming Wii games, and download DS demos.
Wii Previews will probably end up being the first way to see the game, at least before those sites get it.

Also, I don't see the concern about memory at least not yet. Only features the channel has been said to have is watching Wii Previews, and downloading DS games. All the DS download does is act like a signal on your Wii, then you continue the download on your DS. Nothing gets stored on your Wii, you simply just choose which demo to play, send a download signal and download it.

CantGetAWii said:
To preview upcoming Wii games, and download DS demos.
Wii Previews will probably end up being the first way to see the game, at least before those sites get it.

Also, I don't see the concern about memory at least not yet. Only features the channel has been said to have is watching Wii Previews, and downloading DS games. All the DS download does is act like a signal on your Wii, then you continue the download on your DS. Nothing gets stored on your Wii, you simply just choose which demo to play, send a download signal and download it.

Classic Nintendo. A nice cheap tactic to try to convince Wii owners to buy a DS, as is the case with all of the portable to console connectivity crap.

Why don't they just set it up so the DS downloads the demo's directly then?

Back