U2 wants to have a U2: Rock Band?

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
According to wii.qj.net, U2 might want a rock band game

While some bands and rock icons have expressed their disinterest towards music games, the legendary artists of U2 are eyeing the other side of the fence. Instead of turning their backs on what could be an insult to their artform, they've decided that they want to get a piece of what The Beatles did with Rock Band.

Actually, Harmonix already approached U2 and ask them to lend their voices and likenesses to an unspecified of Rock Band. They refused. "We definitely would like to be in there, but we felt some of the compromises weren’t what we wanted,” said bassist Adam Clayton. But since they saw what was done with The Beatles: Rock Band (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii), the band saw something that they like.

That could change. I love the idea that that’s where people are getting music, and we’d love to be in that world. We’ll figure something out. What The Beatles have done, where the animation is much more representative of them, is what we’re interested in, rather than the one-size-fits-all animation. We didn’t want to be caricatured.

Well, having U2 to play would be interesting, but would Harmonix invest on making U2 their own version of The Beatles: Rock Band? Music game sales are already on the way down, and if they don't pickup, U2 might find themselves a little too late on the follow-up.

Yeah they need the money after losing money on there recent tour.

This will be next months band based game

U2 is my favorite band. Don't own any Rock Band game, but it sounds interesting to me now. Still don't think it's worth the money though...

U2 is my favorite band. Don't own any Rock Band game, but it sounds interesting to me now. Still don't think it's worth the money though...

Well, I think U2 doesn't has been BIG as The Beatles or Led Zeppelin.

That means you never listened bands like Depeche Mode, The Cure, Oasis, INXS or Coldplay far better than U2..

If EA releases a DEPECHE MODE'S ROCK BAND GAME, I jump the bandwagon inmediately!!

Last edited:
Eh... Let 'em go for it. These games are just overpriced rehashes of the same old rhythm game.
I've played better rhythm games for free.

Well, I think U2 doesn't be BIG as The Beatles or Led Zeppelin.

That means you never listened bands like Depeche Mode, The Cure, Oasis, INXS or Coldplay far better than U2..

Dood
I don't know what you mean.
Can you use better grammar?
"Doesn't be big"?

If EA releases a DEPECHE MODE'S ROCK BAND GAME, I jump the bandwagon inmediately!!

That's totally your opinion. Last time I checked, I was allowed to like the bands that I want to like. And yes, I have listened to The Cure, Oasis, and Coldplay, but not the others. IMO, U2 owns them all.

You bug me... for a number of reasons at that.

I've a pretty ambivalent stance concerning any of these Rhythm games. People like them, companies will repaint them and resell them. That's just business in motion people.
I personally think they're overpriced pieces of crap. Then I look to my manga shelf and notice my Gundam manga. I'm a guilty twat as any of these GH/RB/WE fans. :sick:

That's totally your opinion. Last time I checked, I was allowed to like the bands that I want to like. And yes, I have listened to The Cure, Oasis, and Coldplay, but not the others. IMO, U2 owns them all.

Really?

Were you at the U2 (360 tour) concert?

Were you at the Depeche Mode (SOTU tour) concert?

You compare both and you can see Depeche Mode is a far better band than U2.

Yes, I went to the 360 tour. And it was absolutely amazing.

And why would I go to a concert of a band I don't like. I just listened to two songs of Depeche Mode, and I don't want to listen to them anymore. If you like them, that's fine, but if I was to rate them out of 10, I think they'd probably be about a 3/10.

Yes, I went to the 360 tour. And it was absolutely amazing.

And why would I go to a concert of a band I don't like. I just listened to two songs of Depeche Mode, and I don't want to listen to them anymore. If you like them, that's fine, but if I was to rate them out of 10, I think they'd probably be about a 3/10.

Well, that's debatable!!

Comparing the best song of both bands:

U2 - "With or Without You"
Depeche Mode - "Enjoy the Silence"

You can see "Enjoy the Silence" is a far better song, why?
Becose the atmosphere and guitar riff of this song is amazing!!
Depeche's song is Techno-Rock a moderm type of Rock, while the U2's song is an old classic Rock like these 60's old bands. They tried to copy Depeche's sounds using electronic loops, but with bad results like their worse album "POP" experiment...
About performing live, I attended the U2 concert, again to COMPARE both bands and I don't see the same euphory in the U2's concert that I see in the Depeche's concert...
Take this video as a proof...

[video=youtube;npZ5_0IsQQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npZ5_0IsQQc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npZ5_0IsQQc[/video]

you just don't listen do you?
its all OPINIONS
he thinks Depeche sucks and U2 is good. you think the opposite.
LEAVE IT AT THAT

not everyone has to agree with your opinions.
for instance i think U2 is ok and Depeche needs to f***ing die cause they suck that bad. its all opinions

you just don't listen do you?
Its all opinions
he thinks depeche sucks and u2 is good. You think the opposite.
leave it at that

not everyone has to agree with your opinions.
For instance i think u2 is ok and depeche needs to f***ing die cause they suck that bad. its all opinions

qft.

Back