Ubuntu or Kubuntu

TheCosmicFrog

WiiChat Member
Mar 5, 2007
Hi, I've requested a CD of both Ubuntu and Kubuntu but I want to know which one I should install if any. Thanks

well, after researching them a bit....ubuntu 6.06 sounds more...normal

but I'd spring for kubuntu. Maybe even xubuntu.

ubuntu is easier I think.. I would start with it and then try other variations as you feel comfortable. Do you have much linux experience? I just started using ubuntu 6.06 when it came out.. Very cool. Lots of stuff comes with it, so I'm ahppy. :yesnod:

CZMQFRG said:
no linux experience no... want to start with ubuntu

KDE (Kbuntu) is evil... it's very anoying and doens't look as nice as GNOME (ubuntu)

Ubuntu 7.04 (Edgy Elk or some other stange animal) is out now ^^

i've got it on my laptop... although it doesn't like my wireless lan card... stupid acers and their own software =@

Ubuntu is the best for beginners and the like (i.e. me)

Gnome is best for people who've used Windows computers before... as it has a task bar (of sorts) and KDEs task bar is a little harder to find and use... well at least that's what i found.

----

I don't know much about linux the operating system... but after trying 8 different linux operating systems... i know which one liked the best.

paintba||er said:
Well why not both? You can install both Gnome and KDE and switch between them.

*shudders*

I guess you could do that... but the grub loader is really annoying... it's much nicer than the windows one though.

Back