uhhhh.......whats now??

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
ok, most of us alrady know that with the release of HALO 3 , the wii sales were beaten by the xbox360, yet......the race in september was very close, even tho the 360 had their big gun HALO 3, while the wii had........ummmm nothing........they had no real signature games during september and yet they still managed to stay bumper to bumper with the xbox360, wich to me is very impressive..........but what now? the wii has major titles coming out:batallion wars 2, mario galaxy, brawl, day of crisis, mario kart and some other ones, so we know that the wii will definately have good sales in the next few months.......... so ya..........oh wait what about the 360, they alrady used their biggest wepon earlie into the console wars while we know nintendo and sony havent thrown everything into the table just yet.....so what is next for them?? will they have anymore signature games that will boost their sales like HALO3 did? i think not.........microsoft has one direction to after the holiday season , an that is ..........DOWN, while sony and nintendo will indeed go up with out a doubt.........is the 360 done already? will the ps3 make a huge comeback? is the wii already the winner? whats next for microsoft?why am i asking so many question?

well i wanna hear what you guys think....let it alll out

I think a lot of gamers are looking at the xbox360 and saying, "Hey there are really good games for this system and I will be able to play GTA IV next year." The Wii market is basically people who are in love with the Wii culture, playing style and the little Mii's. It's a divergent market I think.

We'll see, the Wii needs some good games...I'm actually enjoying my X360 a lot more then the Wii right now, because of the X360's longevity and online features. I haven't touched my Wii in about 3 weeks.
But I'm very hopeful for the upcoming titles, Fire Emblem, Brawl, Galaxy, and BWii. On the flip side though, I still need to get a lot of 360 games that I still do not own...like Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Orange Box, and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

thats a well made point alan, but you also gotta see that GTA IV wont be xbox exclusive....its also gonna be a ps3 game aswell, so the sales for the game will divide, that game isnt enough to drag gamers into the xbox i belive

Look, I've never been a huge fan of xbox but Microsoft is so far from being out of the game. The company has infinate money. Xbox is their little side project and something tells me they have far too much pride too allow a bunch of fellows in Japan steal away the market. No matter what they'll just keep pumping out better graphics and better games. Halo is done so I want to know what's next with Xbox, I'm sure they have something nice up their sleeves just waiting to be revealed. Some people don't know this about Microsoft but they bought up RARE. RARE has of lately stuck in the background but they created a lot of epics we love now. They made Goldeneye. They created games like Donkey Kong Country and the rest of that series, Conker’s Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, Star Fox Adventures, and more. They must be devolping something good here soon.

Well actually, the Wii did have something: Metroid Prime 3. Its just that aside from the corny preview channel that only US Wii owners got to see, Nintendo hardly made any effort to market it or hype it up the way Halo 3 or Bioshock was. The only thing they did was started showing those stupid "Wii would Play" commercials like a week after MP3 was released. Not to mention, Metroid Prime 3 was only released in the US so far and yet to be release around the world.

Not that it could compete against Halo 3 or anything...but still, it could of made a larger impact. Anyways theres still Galaxy and SSBB comming up so I'd like to see how they do first.

The 360 should still sell well due to its price cuts and actually having some really good games in its library at last. As for future titles, GTA IV and Assassin's Creed are the only big name titles i know of but they are on PS3 as well.

PS3 has Ratchet & Clank and Final Fantasy that i know of, which might help it catch up a bit. More price cuts helps too and if Bluray suddenly became a thing that was really wanted by the masses then PS3s would fly off the shelves. Unfortunately i dont think thats going to happen anytime soon though.

The Wii has major titles coming that could sell the console to some of the hardcore crowd that may have ignored it so far, SSBB and Mario Kart both being online should be a huge draw. Wii Fit could help sell a lot more Wiis to non gamers too. Its quite amazing how well the Wii has done already and yet it still has its biggest guns to come.

It's like you guys actually thought the Wii would sell 50 trillion units. (that was a random number but you get my point) If Nintendo can't get any 3rd party developers to make good games, then the Wii, well, Nintendo is screwed.

Wii is in good shape now, and will be for the next few months.
Its the next year that is the problem.

And yes I know thats an obvious thing for me to say.
But its true.
Mario Kart should be a good hit as well as a few other things.
And the delayed Brawl, which I believe was delayed to not only add new material, but so that there was more games out next year and not all of them were crammed into 07.

New Franchise may be on the way, but if the Wii wants to win this console war or even stay close, they need to do more than their doing now.

masonb15 said:
It's like you guys actually thought the Wii would sell 50 trillion units. (that was a random number but you get my point) If Nintendo can't get any 3rd party developers to make good games, then the Wii, well, Nintendo is screwed.

But there are good third party titles coming out soon

zapasant93 said:
ok, most of us alrady know that with the release of HALO 3 , the wii sales were beaten by the xbox360, yet......the race in september was very close, even tho the 360 had their big gun HALO 3, while the wii had........ummmm nothing........they had no real signature games during september and yet they still managed to stay bumper to bumper with the xbox360, wich to me is very impressive..........but what now? the wii has major titles coming out:batallion wars 2, mario galaxy, brawl, day of crisis, mario kart and some other ones, so we know that the wii will definately have good sales in the next few months.......... so ya..........oh wait what about the 360, they alrady used their biggest wepon earlie into the console wars while we know nintendo and sony havent thrown everything into the table just yet.....so what is next for them?? will they have anymore signature games that will boost their sales like HALO3 did? i think not.........microsoft has one direction to after the holiday season , an that is ..........DOWN, while sony and nintendo will indeed go up with out a doubt.........is the 360 done already? will the ps3 make a huge comeback? is the wii already the winner? whats next for microsoft?why am i asking so many question?

well i wanna hear what you guys think....let it alll out

Epic Fail IMO.

We used Big Guns Early, and soon we will use most of our Biggest Guns. Then we will have a period of draught.

Look at microsoft, they are currently inventing lots of great new games, Gears, Mass Effect etc.

Nintendo are currently using the same franchises every system, with a new one every now and then.

Besides, more Halo in future, Halo wars is just the beginning.

your right c.mcloud, thats what really helps the 360 at the moment, the new franchises are doing very well, mean while nintendo keeps hitting us with the same stuff, i mean i still like it but ide like to see something new, im glad they are starting to do that with day of crisis and were gonna do with project hammer, but we know where project hammer ended up, but i find it incredable that nintendo is ontop of the console wars even tho the havent used any of their "big guns" just yet,...........to sum up........new franchises sell, but classics sell more

oh ya, i also forgot about the ps3, they are in the shadows right now but still gotta look out for some great games coming out, especially for me i am only gonna buy a ps3 because of metal gear solid 4 guns of the patriots

The Ps3 won't be sell as well as the other consoles for quite awhile at least. I'm sure the 360 will pretty much keep up w/ the wii do to the large library of games and constent flow of new shooters. Good point though Microsoft has already used halo 3 while nintendo has many games coming soon, as well as a lot of franchises that have not been used for the wii yet, starfox, pikmen, F-zero, kirby, etc.

The wii will enevitably get the most sales due to the wide audience.

Back