UK/Euro price and release date *rumour*

Mcclane

WiiChat Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Netherlands
Taken from: http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=24356

10:00, Sep 8th by Ben Parfitt

There’s still a week to go until Nintendo officially announces the details of the Wii launch – but MCV can reveal that the new console will hit retail by November 24th, it will be priced at £149 and stock will be plentiful.

I don't think this site is too reliable but maybe someone from the UK who knows this magazine can say something about reliability. I certainly hope it's wrong since November 24th is too late :(

Follow the link if you wanna read the whole article.

edit:
Nintendo responded already on this, read it here: http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19573

their response was "They're not far off, but they're definitely not right". This would hint towards a november release :(

Last edited:
zomg dude did you read underneath that? i forgot where its from but it tells you how its a FAKE! this is the second time something like this has happened where the thing saying its fake is right in front of them

*puts a megaphone to his mouth* READ ZE WHOLE ARTICLE BEFORE POSTING!
There’s still a week to go until Nintendo officially announces the details of the Wii launch – but MCV can reveal that the new console will hit retail by November 24th, it will be priced at £149 and stock will be plentiful.

Wow MCV got the goods! If this were true, Nintendo would probably wouldn’t be too happy about them leaking it! After the attention grabbing opening, you get to see the real deal. Check out a couple excerpts…

But MCV believes that Nintendo has chosen to launch its next generation console at £149, a figure that falls slap bang in the middle of the varying estimates that have been discussed for months. MCV expects Wii to launch shortly before Friday November 24th in the UK, giving it a lengthy spell at retail in the run-up to Christmas.

I fail to see any proof that this is a fake. Nintendo officially responded to it so they took it seriously too. They are just wrong.

Edit: You probably read it like a fact. Like I said in the topic, it's a rumour. Everything will be untill nintendo confirms a date.

Last edited:
Seriously, why can't you guys just wait 6 more days? I'm not saying speculation is bad, but there are already soooo many of these "possible release date" threads, why start another one now when we've got less than a week to wait for the answer?

Last edited:
NateTheGreat said:
Seriously, why can't you guys just wait 6 more days. I'm not saying speculation is bad, but there are already soooo many of these "possible release date" threads, why start another one now when we've got less than a week to wait for the answer?

Simple boredom and not wanting to go to bed ;) but yea you got a point.

o: 24th!?

Meh, I'm hoping for an early November release, so I can get it as close to my birthday as possible...before I spend all my money.

Back