UK Game Console price competition

Singhson

****** by Syntax
Dec 20, 2007
Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed thr
Wii Online Code
4237-4091-4421-2313
Just around Christmas time i was looking for a DS Lite for my sisters, and they're £100 in the UK and i could only find a package, i couldn't get it alone, it was available for either £130, or £159.99 @ Blockbuster and Gamestation. I saw the psp @ HMV for 129.99 including a free game?
In the past couple of days I've seen the Wii only available in a package for £299 and that was @ gamestation no -one else had one (the package was wiisports, and a game title of your choice), and not sure about the 360, but i know you can get that for cheaper, and now I've seen the PS3 for a whopping £279 at Dixons! ??? when the ps3 came out it was £399?!?

Allot of people I've talked insist that Nintendo is using their lack of stock as a strategy to make it more appealing for people to get something that is rare, i don't think thats true, do you?

Anyway i just wanted to mention the huge price fluctuation's in the UK, and was wondering what everyones thoughts are on this, and if it's happening/happened near you.

I'm guessing that Nintendo didn't make huge profits on the sale of a single consoles, but now with the amount they've sold they must have made billions, and now they're making the money on software/games. How much you reckon they make on a single console?

Forgive any ignorance/offense none intended!

Happy New Year 2008!

Singhson said:
Allot of people I've talked insist that Nintendo is using their lack of stock as a strategy to make it more appealing for people to get something that is rare, i don't think thats true, do you?

Anyway i just wanted to mention the huge price fluctuation's in the UK, and was wondering what everyones thoughts are on this, and if it's happening/happened near you.
i agree that nintendo are milking this for all its worth and yes the price fluctuation is unfortunatly happening

i think its more the shops that are milking the Wii and only selling it in large bundles. my brother in law paid over £300 for his wii in a bundle only way he could get one. Nintendo don't dictate bundle sales.

What annoyed me this christmas was the amount of stores advertising Wii bundles (with parents and grandparents agonising over which is best for the chosen recipient) and then get to the checkout and are told they have none (unsuprisingly)

the Queue in GAME would have been half the size on Xmas eve if they put a sign up saying so.

Es

The gamestation bundles are Standard wii pack (inc wii sports) + 4 games (Billy wizard + 3 of your choice) + SD card (512b, iirc) So it wasn't really a rip off, but just forced you to buy more games!

Back