UK GAMES WORK ON AUS WII's

Wii17

26 sets of flat batteries
Dec 16, 2006
Adelaide, South Australia
Wii Online Code
1950-4861-6176-4135
tested, i bought the uk version of wiiplay and it works in my console, i know it's first party but thats what nintendo promised, i assume it works the other way too. now i will buy a third party game and see if it works :)

UK and Australia's are both PAL region games hence them working on each other simple elementarily my dear women

Yeah there were many threads about this but if you thought about it why shouldnt it work as stated above both uk and aus use pal so the games should work.

Is that the only "region lock" the Wii have? Then I should be able to buy my Wii in Japan when going over there next week and have no problem playing my UK games on it.

I should save a bundle, £179 vs 250,000 yen.#

I bought my projector in Japan, and that works fine here in UK. I have nothing to worry about?

The Wii is locked so that it will not work in other counties however England & Austrailia both work on PAL so they are compatible but the Wii from Japan would not work over here and would also require Japanese games...therefore you would also needto learn Japanese lol

Also
The power mains is diffrent
try pluging it in and sniff the fire

Darkprinny said:
Also
The power mains is diffrent
try pluging it in and sniff the fire

No worries about that. Most proper appliances have 110 - 230 Volts of working range, and even if it didn't a converter isn't much of a problem. (Meaning I already have one that I'm not using)

The thing that would suck is the japanese text factor. Speaking isn't as much since I'm learning japanese and it would be a great incentive to learn! (Except the fact that my parents-in-law are japanese.)

So I'll most certainly wait until end of January to get me a Wii.

Will pick up some wiimotes though. Will easily beat the UK prices.

Back