[UK Members] Nintendo VIP Member? Get free VC games!

micster

The Japanaholic
Nov 12, 2006
United Kingdom
Wii Online Code
3797-6238-2050-0894
[Official news from a UK Nintendo newsletter]

If you have a Nintendo VIP 24:7 account on the European Nintendo site then you can get free VC games!

Wii points are being added to the Star Catalogue so you can buy them

For americans who wouldent understand, Some european games come with VIP codes, you can enter these on the Nintendo VIP site and they give you Star points, you can use these points for buying wallpapers etc

But Nintendo are letting Wiipoints and Star points cross over. So if you have Star points on your Nintendo Europe account you might get to order yourself some VC games!

I currently have 1810 so can get Mario tommorow hopefully

[UNCONFIRMED : When setting up the Wii in the UK or Europe, You will be asked for your VIP membership details so they can cross over]

Last edited:
Not personally, but if you go to the community people are talkin about it.

I dont get there emails for some reason

i have like 4500 stars! Are the points limited- i.e first 50 people etc, or unlimited? Also, is it one star per one point or otherwise? God, i was hoping they would do this- they never have any good stuff for sale!!!

ok i set up my wii earlier i have 100's of star points.

I associated my vip account with the shop channel(you'll understand what i mean when you see it).

But the star points did NOT transfer over to wii points. Unless i did something wrong, (and it's hard to see how i could have) then this facility, is yet to kick in.

I notice the nintendo site is currently offline being upgraded perhaps???

Link your account
By linking your Wii Shop Channel account to your online Nintendo membership, you will be able to enjoy additional benefits in the near future. Not only will you then be able to purchase Wii Points in the Stars Catalogue, you will also get Stars for your Virtual Console purchases upon completing a small survey.

Straight from the horses mouth!

Man I hope they do this soon, i have nearly 6000 stars in the waiting, and when I first connected it asked me for my club name and password, so I hope they hurray up, I want some VC games man!!

I have only just managed to get my wii online- loads of 'error, error' blah blah blah and wifi connectors being fussy. Anyway, i linked my wii to my account and cant wait for them wii points! HURRY UP NINTY!!!

I agree, it annoys me how certain regions get certain things. It also balances out I guess, because we'll get things they won't and vice versa.

I have a ton of unregistered codes from a bunch of games, so if this gets up and running, I'll definitely be using them.

Back