Uk Online

greg2414

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
Hi all,
I got my wii through on saturday morning 9am special delivery from ebay :)
Im wondering can i just connect my adsl modem straight into the wii usb port and go from there or ??

Also wondered if there were any other UK Online Future Gamers here..

Get back asap

Greg

greg2414 said:
Hi all,
I got my wii through on saturday morning 9am special delivery from ebay :)
Im wondering can i just connect my adsl modem straight into the wii usb port and go from there or ??

Also wondered if there were any other UK Online Future Gamers here..

Get back asap

Greg

Doesn't work like that.

If you have a Wii LAN adapter plugged into the usb port you could.

So how is the best way for me to connect then ??
Thanks for quick reply

greg2414 said:
So how is the best way for me to connect then ??
Thanks for quick reply

Short of buying a wireless router, buying the USB Wifi adapter that you plug into your pc's usb port, and it acts as a wireless access point.

Sorry, do you know anywhere in UK i can easily obtain 1 cheap. The adaptor or whateva is easiest and affordable :)

I'd just get a wireless router from eBay, Amazon, NewEgg, etc... Not sure what options are best for UK though. Wireless routers are cheap these days and you should be able to find one on sale cheap about now.

So, what is The 2 USB ports on the wii for? im interested

i thought u could plug your current adsl modem straight into it but i have been told no ???

So i need to get a wireless router and a usb thingy to pickup the wireless router or will the wii do that auto ??

you can get a wireless router for ur wii to work, or if you dont want a wireless router you can get a usb thing. I vote for router because it stays on all the time , unlike the usb, because the internet will go off when you turn the comp off

Wii has wireless built in. All you need to do is provide an access point. The general concensus is to buy a wireless router. Check the "Router" thread for some models that are known to work and then just buy it from Amazon or some place local in the UK.

Currently there is no online gaming. You can connect with your friends to exchange e-mail and Miis. You can also surf the shopping channel to buy VCs (ROMs of older titles.)

Back