UK Replacement Wii Straps

Tjharwin

Resident Evil Fan
Dec 27, 2006
Cambridgeshire, UK
Wii Online Code
1411-7270-4122-1402
Has anybody in the UK received their replacement Wii straps? I sent off for mine nearly 2 weeks ago now and I haven't even had a confirmation email. I also found that on the form, the postcode field wouldn't let you put more than 7 characters, but including the space mine is 8. What's up with that?

I might just complain to Nintendo via e-mail.

I'm the same, I registered for the replacement straps the week before Christmas but still not heard anything back. I tried this morning to re register for them but the site told me that I had already registered for them with the console serial no.
Looks like we will just need to sit tight until they turn up. Hopefully no damage will be done in the meantime!

when i registered for my straps (I haven't had a confirmation email yet) that the site said "We will start shipping the new wrist straps as soon as possible." so that means no straps yet so just wait for ur email

site link:
nintendo-europe

Well, I sent my details on the form on New Years Eve, and because it's been 11 days without any confirmation, I decided to write an angry e-mail to Nintendo. All the Americans are receiving their Wii Straps, it's totally un fair. What happens when we break out TVs?

This problem better be resolved soon.

i aplied around New Years day..just got my 4 x 2 ...yes they sent them to me twice so i got 8 spares. They are a little thicker. My originals seem to be holding up fine so im justgonna hoard mine until neded....or i spose i could flog on ebay for £50 each...(joking ) :devil:

Ive had no probs with mine
Dont see why people are having probs

Darkprinny said:
Ive had no probs with mine
Dont see why people are having probs

Oh, I'm not having problems...yet.

But I really don't want the day to come around where the Wii mote slips out of my sweaty hands, smashed my 42" plasma and then my mum has a go at me. Better safe than sorry.

lionman said:
i aplied around New Years day..just got my 4 x 2 ...yes they sent them to me twice so i got 8 spares. They are a little thicker. My originals seem to be holding up fine so im justgonna hoard mine until neded....or i spose i could flog on ebay for £50 each...(joking ) :devil:

Where are you based? I wonder why you have received them already. Did you get a confirmation email or did they just show up?

We've had our Wii since Christmas. There are 4 of us.

Me, my wife, my 9 year old daughter and my 4 year old daughter.

Not one of use have ever let go of the Wiimote, it's never slipped, the strap has never been used in anger. Even my mum had a go on WiiSports bowling and there were no problems, and she's getting on a bit.

I look at that WiiDamage site and think to myself - what kind of idiot throws his wiimote hard enough to go through a TV/Wall/Friends face ?? My 4 year old can use it for gods' sake!

I know accidents do happen, and we always use the straps. But my god there must be some complete plebs out there.

Goots said:
I look at that WiiDamage site and think to myself - what kind of idiot throws his wiimote hard enough to go through a TV/Wall/Friends face ?? My 4 year old can use it for gods' sake!

I know accidents do happen, and we always use the straps. But my god there must be some complete plebs out there.

That's so true.

I heard that the UK Wii's were shipped with the new strap?!

I only noticed after playing on a friends wii last night his straps are a lot thinner than mine (both UK wii's).

When I got home I took a closer look at mine and the wii controller I got with the wii had thick straps but the one I got with wii play had thin straps?!?!

Very odd as the wii I got was on launch night and the one my friend got was about 2 weeks after launch.

Haz said:
That's so true.

I heard that the UK Wii's were shipped with the new strap?!

Not true. I think consoles shipped after a certain date (something like the 16th - 18th) had the new re-enforced strap.

I too think Wii Damage is bull crap. People criticise the Wii at my school saying it's dangerous, SCREW THEM! It's just careless people who want compensation.

Back