UK VC Update: 6th July 2007

Rob Rymond

WiiChat Member
Jun 17, 2007
Solihull, U.K
[xfloat=left]http://www.wiichat.com/robry/virtualconsole.jpg[/xfloat]It's looking a darn site better on the UK Virtual Console front this week as we see four new releases, three of which were classic Megadrive titles.

First up is one of my personal favourites, Sonic The Hedgehog 2. The game was originally released in 1992 and was the first Sonic game to feature sidekick Tails 'Miles' Prower. Dr Eggman is back causing chaos for Sonic with his plan to create a Death Egg warship.

Next up is Ecco: The Tides of Time which is the sequel to the first Ecco title. The Vortex Queen has now made it to Earth and established a new hive, so as Ecco you must solve more underwater puzzles and tackle the alien threat. Question for you, was I the only person never to get past the first level on Ecco? Alright, I'll leave you to wonder about that one...

Thirdly we have Golden Axe II, another sequel this week. Ax-Battle, Tyris-Flare and Gilius Thunderhead return as they use unique powers to recover the Golden Axe. A firm favourite!

And finally a special treat for you in the form of Dragon Spirit a Turbografx shooter released in 1989. Players take on the role of crafty, young soldier Amul as they battle to save princess Alicia and destroy the evil serpent demon Zawell who has kidnapped her. Bestowed with special powers that turn them into a powerful blue dragon, players must locate and obtain additional abilities to help them reach their goal.

All three Megadrive titles cost 800 Points while Dragon Spirit will set you back 600 Points. Another US Virtual Console update for you on Monday and the UK update returns in a fortnights time.

Back