UK Wii Component Released Or Not?

Dec 23, 2006
West Mids, England.
Wii Online Code
4655-2810-0795-9892
I know Uk Component Official cables got set back to the 22nd of December which would of been yesterday, i Pre-ordered mine with Game.co.uk but as of yet still have'nt recieved a email saying they took payment i checked the site today says "Released" but still "pre order".. :incazzato:

Has any1 gotten there Uk component Cables yet?
(Or confimation there bein shipped).

Or is this another Nintendo Dispensing them around problem? :scared:

I checked others sites such as amazon and they don't say they had any either.

Thanks.

I bought the Wii --> Scart RGB from Game last week. When I asked for it (it wasn't on show, it was upstairs) the guy asked if I wanted "the one with a plug on each end, or the one with a plug on one end, and all the phono connectors on the other ?".

Apparently they had both, I am assuming he meant the component. As my TV only has Scart, I got that. This was in Game, Wrexham.

Aye, I've seen lots of people go there RGB cable but any1 ordered the component ?

Quick Q: is the only diffrence between RGB and Component the way it plugs into the back of the TV. Don't you get a scart cable teh same as RGB in wiht the Wii? (I get my Wii Tommorrow (B-day Present) :p

Nah, the one you get free with the Wii is only a composite cable. There are 3 phono plugs on it.

1 is left audio channel, 1 is right audio channel and the other is composite video. You also get an "adaptor" which let's you plug it into a scart enabled TV, but it still uses the composite video signal which is the second lowest quality connection available (after RF).

The Scart RGB has a Wii connector on one end, and a Scart plug on the other, and uses seperated Red, Green and Blue video signals, which gives a vastly improved picture on scart enabled TV's. The scart plug is "hard wired" onto the cable and doesn't have those phono sockets on the back for you to plug things into.

btw, unlucky having your birthday on Xmas eve mate !! you gotta go 12 months between presents !! :|

I got my official compenent cables yesterday, got them from Hong Kong through Ebay. I'm sure some people have the english ones because I saw people was getting them from Gameplay.com.

D Twizzle said:
I got my official compenent cables yesterday, got them from Hong Kong through Ebay. I'm sure some people have the english ones because I saw people was getting them from Gameplay.com.

I ordered some Blaze ones as officiaL UK ones for me are far out of view.(Next year) ;< ,
I should get these befor then so I can Finally!! Enjoy! Zelda!.. :crazy:

Back