[UK] Woolworths anyone?

Rajveer

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2006
Just wondering if anyone else has preordered with woolworths here in the UK? I preordered today and they said that I'll get my order on release day, but just want to hear from anyone else with them if I can trust it 100%? I rang two stores and they both said I should get it on release day, but the store that I ordered it with didnt sound 100% certain...

Rajveer said:
Just wondering if anyone else has preordered with woolworths here in the UK? I preordered today and they said that I'll get my order on release day, but just want to hear from anyone else with them if I can trust it 100%? I rang two stores and they both said I should get it on release day, but the store that I ordered it with didnt sound 100% certain...

You'll be lucky! I hope that you are though.

I think they just said it to take your money and secure a sale.

Damn it, and I got sucked into it :( But cheers for the luck :) I just checked the website and it says "Guaranteed delivery on week of release", guess a few more days wont hurt. Mind you, it's cool since I preordered so late, perhaps I should just wait and stop getting too excited :-D

Well it just seems 'too good to be true' if you know what I mean. Big W might actualy get stock in, but it just seems a bit farfetched.

My personal experience of Woolworths is not a good one, all the staff don't seem to have any clue about the stuff they sell.

If they say they will get them in by launch then they ,most likely will, they are a big company therefor understand that the run up to Christmas will be hectic.

Good luck anyway.

I read somewhere (forgotten where) that Woolworths are one of the largest video game suppliers in the UK (third I think) so they should know what they're talking about. The guy I was ordering with said "let me just check, I dont want to get your hopes up" but it was all good, so anyone looking for a late preorder with a good chance of getting a Wii, look at Woolworths. :)

I preordered from my local Woolworths, and they said they don't think anyone else has preordered from there yet, or something similar, and I'm menna get a call from 'em soon, I'll tell you how it goes :)

Another place I have just thought of, though you might pay more, is selfridges in the trafford centre in manchester uk if you around the northwest area of course, have a electronics department with games consoles, might be worth giving them a ring, Also noticed woolworths in altrincham adveritising on a chalk board outside preorder now, limited supply.

Last edited:
I got mine from Game. I really don't care about getting it in the first week of release, I'm thinking I'll get mine afterward. I'm so excited about getting one, its more of my overdraft but sod it :lol: I think I'll get Marvel Alliance with mine, I'm keeping one of my GC controllers and all my games, although there WILL be tears after handing over my old gamecube :(

Back