Unable To Read Disc! AAHHHHHHHH!

WiiHot

WiiChat Member
May 21, 2007
Ohio
So I worked today for twelve hours, hosted the SSBB tournament, had some 400 reserves at my store, got home only to find out that I can't play the damn game! You don't know how many 4 letter words have just come out of my mouth. At least I got to play it tonight at work.........I need a drink.

At least the big N is taking care of it for free, just signed up to ship it out and get repaired.:mad5:

wow man thats very gay

what if this happens to me? i will take it to nintendo world since i live in nyc

this happened to my copy of SMG...

however i just kept restarting my wii and ejecting it, etc...and it worked eventually and hasn't messed up since

lol sounds like what the very first Nintendo did. When you put the game in it wouldn't work, press RESTART like 20 times and it would work.

_damn, now that sucks. I'm playing my brawl right now!! hope you get yours to work soon...soo i can destroy you...lol jk. But sure do hope to verse you sometime.

Yeah, mine is doing this too. Just about every time I boot up my Wii, I see the Brawl logo in the corner, click it, click start, it takes me back to Wii Menu. Unable to read disc. I exit/eject/restart the Wii, try again, eventually it works and I get no errors while playing.

I am hoping this has something to do with the Wii's software and reading the dual layered disc, but that may not be the case.

ugh i am just heading out now to buy my copy of brawl at the bestbuy behind my building, (and from what i see on my balcony, no line :) guess its because of last nights snow fall.) well ill be back shortly i hope, and ill report if i get this problem.

i called and they Nintendo said that i need to get it repaired......it can still play other games....but not this one

Yeah mine plays all other games except for Brawl, I think its the Dual Layer reading that is messing up. Oh well, we've waited four months on the delay, what's another week to get the system back right?

can you give a link to the repair?

i gave up trying to make it work by inserting it in and out......

Yeah..I got the same problem as well. Tried using compressed air ..doesnt work. Tried putting it in like 30 times..doesnt work. Right now my wii and copy of SSBB is sittin ina box ready to be shipped. Hoping to get it back by Friday.

Back