Unable To Read Disc! AAHHHHHHHH!

Rand said:
Yeah..I got the same problem as well. Tried using compressed air ..doesnt work. Tried putting it in like 30 times..doesnt work. Right now my wii and copy of SSBB is sittin ina box ready to be shipped. Hoping to get it back by Friday.

I hope the turn around time is good for you folks.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the case. Just think: a pretty decent handful of folks here are having this problem, and there aren't THAT many people here that have the game yet. I'd expect that Nintendo will be recieving thousands upon thousands of Wii's.

I wonder if people are going to start having problems down the road as the result of Brawl. My Wii sounds like a jet engine about to explode when playing Brawl. I'll definately be sending my Wii in to Nintendo to be repaired/replaced...AGAIN! With all these repairs, though, I at least keep getting a renewed warranty. At this rate, my Wii will always be under warranty!

Right, it took me 10 minutes to get Brawl to work this morning. I am taking days off of school to play this game, there is no way I am turning it off until those days are up.

This is pretty horrible. I can't even play online.

i have a question for those who are getting this error.....how long did you have your wii and did you every shipped your wii to Nintendo before?

yea after one reset, brawl worked

online is great as well, only a little lag for me

got mine in dec. 06
noped never shipped it to Nintendo

i tried everything and nothing worked for me......i have to ship it to Nintendo now and wait a week to get it back

I had a few customers today that had the same problem, about 2 or 3. I've had my console since launch night November 19th 2006 and have never sent it in for repair. Sending it out tomorrow. The thing I'm pissed about most is I think I might lose all my VC downloads and Mii Characters.

WiiHot said:
I had a few customers today that had the same problem, about 2 or 3. I've had my console since launch night November 19th 2006 and have never sent it in for repair. Sending it out tomorrow. The thing I'm pissed about most is I think I might lose all my VC downloads and Mii Characters.
same here....this is the first time i had a problem with my wii and im shipping it tomorrow too

i thought it was the game in the beginning and went to gamestop and let them check out the game.....they said it was fine and i checked and it was.....they felt sorry for me cause i was the first and only one to experience this error at their store

Good thing my disk drive broke!
My Wii is back, and it seems the old drives on the Wii's were busted and can't run Brawl...

...but mine's new lol.

Too bad for you though.
It must be like [please insert a/an sweet car here] with no key.

AceAlabama said:
Good thing my disk drive broke!
My Wii is back, and it seems the old drives on the Wii's were busted and can't run Brawl...

...but mine's new lol.

Too bad for you though.
It must be like [please insert a/an sweet car here] with no key.

Don't get too excited. I honestly think that Nintendo is just using bad disc drives all around. The disc drive in my first Wii was on its way out when I sent that Wii in. Now, my replacement Wii is starting to make similar noises and sounds like it's going to explode when playing SSBB. I'll just send it in sometime before the warranty expires in July.

my copy of SSBB works fine but one problem................when i try playing on wi-fi the stupid thing wont let me...it says their is something wrong with my internet but it works perfectly fine....i can see other peoples matches but i cant play which is really gay....what is up? how can i fix this?

Y'know you get another year of warranty when you send your Wii in, right?

To Ballastro:
Nintendo servers down... ...sorry.

manred said:
One question for all those that are having problems....

is it only for the Wiis that were released back in '06?
i found an article on the net that said some of the new wiis arent able to play them either. i am beyond pissed. my wii works perfectly and now i have to send it in and risk the frigging retard fed ex on losing it as well. this is great. not to mention, i have like 25 bucks worth of skins on there too that im going to be out if they replace my wii altogether. if they do, im going to demand they give me a remote or something to compensate my loss of money on skins on a perfectly working wii. i already lost money on a skin i had on my ds when i sent it in. this is getting stupid now....

Sorry this is so long but this is the email I got from nintendo after setting up my repair...............

Hello Karl,

This e-mail is to confirm that a repair order has been set-up for you.

Follow the repair shipping instructions below for shipping yourWii Console and Super Smash Bros. Brawl game disc to Nintendo usinga pre-paid FedEx air (2-day service) return label. You should receiveyour Wii Console and Super Smash Bros. Brawl game disc back from ourrepair location within 7 business days from the time you ship yourrepair. Return shipping could take longer if the package is beingshipped to a P.O. Box.

Important: Your FedEx repair label, step 1 below, must be printed within30 days of today. The label will be void after this date.

*** Repair Shipping Instructions ***

Step 1 - Print your pre-paid FedEx return label * Please go to https://www.fedex.com/OnlineLabel/login.do and enter or copy and paste your user id and password provided below in the log in fields. Your user id and password are case sensitive.

Username: xxxxxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxxx

* Select the label you would like to print in section C, then click the"Print
Selected Label" button.

* Print your label using your browser's PRINT feature. You can access your PRINT feature by clicking FILE, PRINT or press Ctrl-P on your keyboard.

Remember: The above pre-paid FedEx return label link is only validfor 30 days from the date your repair was set up.

Step 2 - Locate a FedEx drop off location

* After printing the label, click "Continue" for shipment drop off locations. These locations include all FedEx World Service Centers, FedEx Stations, authorized ShipCenter locations, and Drop Boxes. Please do not utilize the pick-up option as Nintendo will not be responsible for associated costs.

Step 3 - Package your shipment

* Include a note in the package with the following information: - Your name, address, and phone number. - Your RO number (provided in the subject line of this e-mail).

* Place the note into an envelope and tape or rubber band the envelope to the system. * Because of the nature of this issue, you must send in your Wii Console in addition to your Super Smash Bros. Brawl disc. Please ensure the disc is NOT inside of the system. Place your Super Smash Bros. Brawl disc in the game disc case it came in as this will protect the disc during shipping.

* Place the Super Smash Bros. Brawl game and Wii Console in a plastic bag, then into a box. Pad the box well to prevent damage and tape it closed with shipping tape. We do not recommend using your original system box as it may attract undesired attention to the valuable items inside. The repair will not be returned in your packaging. We will return your original Super Smash Bros. Brawl game disc case.

* Please do not send any other games, cords, controllers, memory cards or other components. Doing so will delay your repair. * Fold the shipping label you printed along the horizontal line and place in a plastic pouch (available at FedEx drop off locations) or completely cover the label on the box with clear shipping tape. Make sure that the barcode of the label can be scanned.

Step 4 - Visit a FedEx drop off location

* To find the nearest drop-off location, follow the FedEx label link above and select "Dropoff Locator" in the upper right corner of the screen. Or call 1-800-GO-FEDEX (1-800-463-3339). When you call FedEx, say "find FedEx locations" at the prompt and follow the instructions.

* Take your shipment to your nearest FedEx location for shipment. Please Note: Your Repair Order number will only be available to usefor 90 days. If you choose not to send in your repair there is no need tonotify us. You may track your incoming shipment online at http://www.fedex.com. Yourtracking number for the shipment to Nintendo may be found by following thepre-paid FedEx return label link. Once your repair arrives at Nintendo,you may track the status of your repair or your outgoing shipment onlineat http://www.nintendo.com/cpp/repairs/getRepairs.do. Please note that itmay take up to 1 day after FedEx shows your product has been delivered foryour status to change on Nintendo’s status tracking screens.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions about your repair, or if you require anyfurther assistance, please reply to this email. Please referenceyour Repair Order number when contacting Nintendo.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.Consumer Service Department

For me it screwed up the first two or three times but then i turned the wii off, unplugged it, waited thirty seconds plugged it back in and it worked fine. hope it helps.

Back