Unable to shut down or power up system with wiimote

dds

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
Anyone have this problem if so how did u fix it. It happens sometimes in the way that the gree light stays on but no picture. I have to try a few times t oget it to work

I only got that once, and that was from thinking i turned my Wii off and left it on all night. Just unplug the power to it and wait a little. Stick the plug back in and you should be good to go.

i did that left it off ( un plugged all night) first thing in the morning i tried to turn it on from the remote and i got the green light but black screen

it happens on rare occasions and i contacted nintendo and there sending me a new one but i may call and cancel if its not a major issue

Might as well get your new system. Do you get sound but no video?

are you making sure to hold the power button?

It works like a computer, you don't just press the button to power it off, you have to hold it until it does power off.

You have to hold the power button down for a second or 2. Nintendo woundnt want people turning their Wiis off in the middle of a game.

yea i have done all of the above, and still occasionally it doesnt work properly

no i am holding down the power button and the problem still occurs

dds said:
no i am holding down the power button and the problem still occurs

So is your signature out of date, because according to it, you don't have a wii to even be testing this on.

And you cannot power it off when it is loading or trying to connect to something.

no no i can get my wii to work and turn on sometimes (mainly when i turn it on manually) but the feature of using the wii remote to power it on or off doesnt work all the time. So im awaiting a replacement as wii speak

vagrant said:
So is your signature out of date, because according to it, you don't have a wii to even be testing this on.

And you cannot power it off when it is loading or trying to connect to something.

He probably has a Wiimote but no Wii. He may be talking about his TV. . .in that case, he nees to know that although the Wiimote Looks like tv remote, it is not and does NOT work with the TV.

Back