Unlike PS3 & 360 the Wii will never be plagued by...

Macmutt

WiiChat Member
Jun 22, 2007
PS3 and 360 will have almost complete and identical game libraries, where as the Wii will have it's Nintendo exclusives and the occasional similar sports title, but thanks to the Wii's unique control scheme even if the other consoles do have a title or two thats on the Wii, the gaming experience and control will be better on Wii.
So thanks to the nearly identical hardware power of PS3 and 360 all the fancy high def drivers, shooters, sports and RPG's will most definetly be on both systems with almost no exclusives left to single out one over the other.
While the Wii will have our favorites like Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime-3, Zelda, Starfox and many more especially via Virtual Console. Now the graphical whores out there will tell you " Yeah well the Wii won't have the same titles because the hardware is to obsolete to run them "...but anyone that has seen Resident Evil 4 or a gameplay trailer of Metroid-3 won't be too worried about the graphic potential of the Wii besides we'll always have the most fun, in depth game system on the market.
Just check world wide sales, and install base on any news channel or website if anyone doubts it.

Macmutt said:
PS3 and 360 will have almost complete and identical game libraries, where as the Wii will have it's Nintendo exclusives and the occasional similar sports title, but thanks to the Wii's unique control scheme even if the other consoles do have a title or two thats on the Wii, the gaming experience and control will be better on Wii.
So thanks to the nearly identical hardware power of PS3 and 360 all the fancy high def drivers, shooters, sports and RPG's will most definetly be on both systems with almost no exclusives left to single out one over the other.
While the Wii will have our favorites like Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime-3, Zelda, Starfox and many more especially via Virtual Console. Now the graphical whores out there will tell you " Yeah well the Wii won't have the same titles because the hardware is to obsolete to run them "...but anyone that has seen Resident Evil 4 or a gameplay trailer of Metroid-3 won't be too worried about the graphic potential of the Wii besides we'll always have the most fun, in depth game system on the market.
Just check world wide sales, and install base on any news channel or website if anyone doubts it.
yes although mostly true unfortuneately wii will be plagued by cheap ports and tacked on motion controlls.

vagrant said:
I give it an hour before Paintballer makes his way to this thread riding his magical PS3 Pony
lmao if i used quotes in my sigs thatd be goin in there.

Actually not true

Almo said:
yes although mostly true unfortuneately wii will be plagued by cheap ports and tacked on motion controlls.

Take SSX Blur & Madden 07 both have good reviews and Madden even scored higher than it did on the other two consoles.
Don't forget Nintendo also admitted before release that Zelda T-P was originally made for gamecube but they wanted Zelda to be a Wii launch title but didn't have time to update the graphics so they basically added the Wii control scheme to the gamecube version and after it's launch with the Wii here it is almost a year later and it's like one of the Wii's highest rated titles, so i wouldn't worry about ports with tacked on controls because like i said it'll still be a better gaming experience than sitting in a chair like a drone doing non stop button mashing on those old style controllers.

Macmutt said:
Take SSX Blur & Madden 07 both have good reviews and Madden even scored higher than it did on the other two consoles.
Don't forget Nintendo also admitted before release that Zelda T-P was originally made for gamecube but they wanted Zelda to be a Wii launch title but didn't have time to update the graphics so they basically added the Wii control scheme to the gamecube version and after it's launch with the Wii here it is almost a year later and it's like one of the Wii's highest rated titles, so i wouldn't worry about ports with tacked on controls because like i said it'll still be a better gaming experience than sitting in a chair like a drone doing non stop button mashing on those old style controllers.
i grew up with button mashing, sometimes id much rather mash.

Wii exclusives protecting the wii?

have you SEEN the idiot's begging for Halo 3 to come to the wii?

Macmutt said:
lol all the exclusives you stated are first party and are made only for the wii because there made by nintendo, microsoft has there exclusives and so does sony. i admit sony and microsoft will share games because the hardware is very very similar. the wii will have more exclusives but i just thought u should rethink what you stated and maybe add third party games instead of first party. thats like saying ps3 sucks cuz it doesnt have halo, well thats stupid it cant have halo because its a microsoft first party game. ps3 will have first parties too, like metal gear solid 4. see all platforms have good first party exclusives but what matters is third party exclusives.

Brawny said:
Wii exclusives protecting the wii?

have you SEEN the idiot's begging for Halo 3 to come to the wii?
lmao oh i missed that when you were away.... sometimes a good sharp knock to the ego with a witty comment is just what ya need.

Ok and poiint is...

Almo said:
i grew up with button mashing, sometimes id much rather mash.

Yeah i grew up button mashing to, i was mashing long before there was anything to mash, just a dial paddle system that you turned...but time marches on and technology evolves and i for one am relieved.
For example go play through a session of DOA-4 or any fighter for that matter, with any character all the way through until the last opponent and come and tell me with your throbbing thumb and forearm that you wouldn't rather have used a control scheme like the Wii offers.
Thats like saying you grew up with radio and have no need for TV or you used to play 8 tracks or cassettes and albums and have no need for cd's or mp3 players. Things evolve and change and if your not ready for it then don't buy it.

gingerkid said:
lol all the exclusives you stated are first party and are made only for the wii because there made by nintendo, microsoft has there exclusives and so does sony. i admit sony and microsoft will share games because the hardware is very very similar. the wii will have more exclusives but i just thought u should rethink what you stated and maybe add third party games instead of first party. thats like saying ps3 sucks cuz it doesnt have halo, well thats stupid it cant have halo because its a microsoft first party game. ps3 will have first parties too, like metal gear solid 4. see all platforms have good first party exclusives but what matters is third party exclusives.

Whether it's 1st or 3rd party exclusives is not as important as none of them, NONE will be anywhere near as much fun to play as they will be on the Wii.

Macmutt said:
Whether it's 1st or 3rd party exclusives is not as important as none of them, NONE will be anywhere near as much fun to play as they will be on the Wii.
are you kidding me? thats an opinion!!! what i stated was fact, you idiot omg jeezeeeee.

Macmutt said:
Yeah i grew up button mashing to, i was mashing long before there was anything to mash, just a dial paddle system that you turned...but time marches on and technology evolves and i for one am relieved.
For example go play through a session of DOA-4 or any fighter for that matter, with any character all the way through until the last opponent and come and tell me with your throbbing thumb and forearm that you wouldn't rather have used a control scheme like the Wii offers.
Thats like saying you grew up with radio and have no need for TV or you used to play 8 tracks or cassettes and albums and have no need for cd's or mp3 players. Things evolve and change and if your not ready for it then don't buy it.
ok, i played DBZ:BT2 all the way through and wished i had a classic controller cause the wii controlls dont agree with fighters. Thats the one reason im holding back on MK, so i can get a classic controller with it.

Back