Unlike PS3 & 360 the Wii will never be plagued by...

Ok let's try this again

gingerkid said:
are you kidding me? thats an opinion!!! what i stated was fact, you idiot omg jeezeeeee.

The point i'm trying to make is whether or not Nintendo has better 1st or 3rd party support is not all that will make it the better system, but the new and better control scheme as well.
It goes without saying that everyone especially me hopes that Nintendo, aside from it's own exclusives gets a huge 3rd party support behind it, but as of now Nintendo has the most exclusives while Sony and Microsoft lose more exclusives every day to one another.

Almo said:
ok, i played DBZ:BT2 all the way through and wished i had a classic controller cause the wii controlls dont agree with fighters. Thats the one reason im holding back on MK, so i can get a classic controller with it.

I thought the controls for BT2 were awesome and easy to use personally.

vagrant said:
I thought the controls for BT2 were awesome and easy to use personally.
yeah so did i, that was the problem, man i remember the old DBZ games where to do your main blast it was a 5-6 button combo and not just hold a few buttons and screen out lol, same for MK when i saw that to do your special moves you just half circle and you make your own fatalitys, i remember having to remember a 10+ buttton combo for things like that, i liked that challange, and yeah sure it was button mashing but it was skilled button mashing.

Macmutt said:
Yeah i grew up button mashing to, i was mashing long before there was anything to mash, just a dial paddle system that you turned...but time marches on and technology evolves and i for one am relieved.
For example go play through a session of DOA-4 or any fighter for that matter, with any character all the way through until the last opponent and come and tell me with your throbbing thumb and forearm that you wouldn't rather have used a control scheme like the Wii offers.
Thats like saying you grew up with radio and have no need for TV or you used to play 8 tracks or cassettes and albums and have no need for cd's or mp3 players. Things evolve and change and if your not ready for it then don't buy it.
Thats like telling people who play Street Fighter, Tekken, Marvel VS Capcom, SNK, to not use the arcade layout and use a remote. It wouldnt be as responsive, or fun. I couldnt even imagine DOA using a remote, that would suck personally. If a controller with buttoms and an analog is not nearly as good as arcade lay out, why would a stupid motion remote be any better?

Almo said:
yeah so did i, that was the problem, man i remember the old DBZ games where to do your main blast it was a 5-6 button combo and not just hold a few buttons and screen out lol, same for MK when i saw that to do your special moves you just half circle and you make your own fatalitys, i remember having to remember a 10+ buttton combo for things like that, i liked that challange, and yeah sure it was button mashing but it was skilled button mashing.

1) In the other DBZ fighting games pretty much all you did was make 3 motions and hit a bumper. So I really don't see a difference.

2) The MK fatalitys has nothing to do with the Wii, it's like that on Xbox.

If a controller with buttoms and an analog is not nearly as good as arcade lay out, why would a stupid motion remote be any better?

So I guess we should halt advances in technology because we are too use to the old ways? NO. YOU GO DIE.

GamerCon said:
Thats like telling people who play Street Fighter, Tekken, Marvel VS Capcom, SNK, to not use the arcade layout and use a remote. It wouldnt be as responsive, or fun. I couldnt even imagine DOA using a remote, that would suck personally. If a controller with buttoms and an analog is not nearly as good as arcade lay out, why would a stupid motion remote be any better?
lol thank you! thats exactly wat i was getting at though i made less sence lol cause im tired! repped.

@ vagrant. yeah i know but what i was gettin at is the controlls, i want my 10+ button fatalitys back, and i dont know what DBZ your playing? the first DBZ i played on PS1 required up,down,left,right,down,up,X,square,X,X to do vegeta's galacgun attack.

Last edited:
Macmutt said:
The point i'm trying to make is whether or not Nintendo has better 1st or 3rd party support is not all that will make it the better system, but the new and better control scheme as well.
It goes without saying that everyone especially me hopes that Nintendo, aside from it's own exclusives gets a huge 3rd party support behind it, but as of now Nintendo has the most exclusives while Sony and Microsoft lose more exclusives every day to one another.
okay first off, how do u know the new control scheme will make it better? what are you from the future or something? the wii control scheme in a few years might get stale. dont try and call me a fanboy of sony or microsoft cuz i favor nintendo the most. im just trying to say think before you say something. microsoft has the most exclusives since it came out a year earlier, and if you say this game is better cuz its on the wii that is your opinion. saying that the wii is better cuz you like some games on the wii more. some people might say they like games on xbox more, and some might say they like games on ps3 more. all you are stating is opinions and its not proving a point. if you want to prove a point state facts.

Almo said:
lol thank you! thats exactly wat i was getting at though i made less sence lol cause im tired! repped.

@ vagrant. yeah i know but what i was gettin at is the controlls, i want my 10+ button fatalitys back, and i dont know what DBZ your playing? the first DBZ i played on PS1 required up,down,left,right,down,up,X,square,X,X to do vegeta's galacgun attack.

10 button fatalitys have nothing to do with the Wii controls so it has nothing to do with the point you were trying to make.

And why are you comparing it to the old ass dbz on ps1? And I'm talking about Budokai 3 and BT 1.

vagrant said:
10 button fatalitys have nothing to do with the Wii controls so it has nothing to do with the point you were trying to make.

And why are you comparing it to the old ass dbz on ps1? And I'm talking about Budokai 3 and BT 1.
lol hang on i gotta back track a bit here, going back to the OP he basically stated that because the wii controlls are different they are better, he also stated in a post that the wii style controlls were better than button mashing, the point in mentioning 10+ button combos and such is because thats the kind of gameplay people expect from a fighter and thats the style of controll that i prefer. What i ment was the wii controlls are too easy and require less skill and memory than old style button mashing (this is where the 10+ button combos are linked to the wii controls...lol). And i compare it to the old style PS1 because thats the kind of fighters i liked, i didnt like easy fighters where you could just button mash your way to victory.

Almo said:
lol hang on i gotta back track a bit here, going back to the OP he basically stated that because the wii controlls are different they are better, he also stated in a post that the wii style controlls were better than button mashing, the point in mentioning 10+ button combos and such is because thats the kind of gameplay people expect from a fighter and thats the style of controll that i prefer. What i ment was the wii controlls are too easy and require less skill and memory than old style button mashing (this is where the 10+ button combos are linked to the wii controls...lol). And i compare it to the old style PS1 because thats the kind of fighters i liked, i didnt like easy fighters where you could just button mash your way to victory.
Well the two examples you gave were the same way on the previous generation before the wii. So like I said it has nothing to do with the wii.

I'd rather do motions than button mashing. Button mashing in fighting games was the nerdiest thing to ever grace gaming and when I think of it I think of playing with these really douchey people who would laugh when they beat you and have to make quick motions from their controller to push their glasses back up their nose.

vagrant said:
Well the two examples you gave were the same way on the previous generation before the wii. So like I said it has nothing to do with the wii.

I'd rather do motions than button mashing.
lol yeah and alot of people would, however anyone looking for a good old style fighter like would have been found back in the arcades will be fairly dissapointed like i was at the ease of the controls. I wouldnt mind making motions but seriously they could have made it harder!

lol well when i used to play games such as MK no one could beat me by simply button mashing, that was my other point, fighting games are getting too soft.

Well paintballer must be busy or something.
No ps3 pony yet.

As for having the same library as Sony and Microsoft, well we won't because we get all the ps2 ports :lol:

Almo said:

really? I HATED THAT!
cause i'm the type of guy that plays like 5 different games at the same time
AND the type of guy that likes to play with multiple characters
and i'm not goign to put that much effort into remembering combos
and if you remmebered 6 months down the road you might want to play it and btu have to remember those combos AGAIN
that's why ssb is the only fighting game i like right now

vagrant said:

I'd rather do motions than button mashing. Button mashing in fighting games was the nerdiest thing to ever grace gaming and when I think of it I think of playing with these really douchey people who would laugh when they beat you and have to make quick motions from their controller to push their glasses back up their nose.
Funny, funny. Well I personally dont like button mashing either, so i take the time to learn the combos. But thats just me and I love fighting games.

I would prefer spending a few bucks to play the arcade machine when it comes to the remote. To many problems with it. Besides, getting blisters is pretty cool. Moving the remote back and forth would be like jacking off a horse.

Almo said:
lol yeah and alot of people would, however anyone looking for a good old style fighter like would have been found back in the arcades will be fairly dissapointed like i was at the ease of the controls. I wouldnt mind making motions but seriously they could have made it harder!

lol well when i used to play games such as MK no one could beat me by simply button mashing, that was my other point, fighting games are getting too soft.
Ok but for the third or fourth time, this isn't relavent because it isn't a wii thing thats just how those games are.

And if you found a game where all you did was mash buttons exciting, you clearly just enjoyed being better than other people at it. Which in itself is pretty nerdy.

Back