Unofficial Metroid Prime 3 Thread

pkstudios

WiiChat Member
Jul 4, 2007
Denver, CO
Wii Online Code
4684-5443-6495-3972
Where are all the MP3 threads??

I just finished the game for the 1st time, managed to get 87 of the pickups, and am now heading back in Veteran mode, and thought I'd pop in here for some quick fact checking, and, wow - no one's talking about MP3. (Unless I'm just oblivious? Wouldn't be the first time...)

Here are a few starter questions:

I figured out somewhere along the line that I'm supposed to scan things before I shoot them - is that right? If so, why?

Can anyone explain this "friend voucher" thing to me? Why would I want to collect them? How do I get them? What am I supposed to do with them once I have them?

Is the Veteran mode much more difficult than Normal? What about Hyper - is that super-difficult? Do you unlock anything or finishing on these various levels?

Thanks for your comments! It's a great game.

I've finished 3 games so far: Zelda, RE4, and MP3. They all seem kind of similar when it gets right down to it, other than taking place in the past (Zelda), present (RE4) or future (MP3). In all three cases you basically start out with very little in terms of health or weaponry, and just accumulate stuff as you go through ever more challenging levels, battling the occasional boss, moving through different environments and finally beating the final boss. They're all fun, in slightly different ways, though from what I've seen RE4 probably has the best "replayability", mainly because of the smaller side quests that make it easy to play for a little while and not have to run through the whole game again.

Alrighty then - enough blather. Please post! I want to hear your MP3 feedback!

UPDATE: Nice - start a new thread and misspell the title of the game - d'oh!

Last edited:
ya, i agree,...........why arent there any metroid threads but there is a paper mario one??

c'mon, i0n, give us a metroid section

i just finished it a couple days ago too. I'm gonna start it up again in hyper-mode to tide me over until Guitar Hero III!

To answer some of your questions:
-scanning things gets you "points" so that you can go buy that extra cool stuff like screen-shot-taker-thingy, a bobble head of your mii for Samus' ship, or even a bumper stick for the ship!!!! (cool huh...)
-Friend vouchers are pretty pointless...if you have enough, you basically give them away to other people. They are also used to buy crap...
-I've only played it in normal, so I cant tell ya anything else. I do know that if you complete it with 100% pickups, you get an even more extended ending than you do if you complete it with 75%!

I guess if you really want to collect medals, you should just scan pretty much every damn thing that comes in your path. I have this reflex to just kill things in my path but I suppose I should slow down and scan them first.

I like that bobblehead idea! Where do I find that?

Hey guys, I need some help. I'm at the pirate homeworld and I can't find the suit to stop the acid rain from hurting me. I found this place where there is an underground spinner (its raining above, and I can't pass) but the spinner won't spin. What do I do to get it?

There's a special suit upgrade you pick up later to deal with the acid rain. If I recall correctly, the place where you first encounter it is a kind of open area. If you backtrack a few steps there should be separate room or hallway off to the side where you can go to proceed, then you can come back to the open area later once you have the protective suit.

Does anyone know what the dots on the far left of the file select screen represent? Initially there were 3 blank ones. I started on veteran and when I finished the game and started over, the top one lit up. When I finished it on the "Hardest difficulty", bottom one lit up. Initially I thought that it represented the difficulty that you completed it on, but it dosen't make sense. Since I finished it on Veteran and "Hardest" and the middle circle stays blank. They should light up in ascending order, ie, Normal, Veteran, "hardest". I'm currently playing it on Normal to test my hypotheis, but maybe it just shows how many times you've beaten it.

I was wondering about that too, Master Foot, but I'm only about 1/3 of the way through my first trip through Veteran.

How do you rate the relative difficulty of the levels? I'm finding the bosses in Veteran quite a bit harder than in Normal, but it seems easier otherwise. It's kind of hard to tell.

The main difference among Normal, Veteran and "Hardest" is that you take more damage on the higher difficulty and enemies take more shots to kill. Bosses can take much longer to kill if you don't have the strategy downpacked. You also need to know how to use your "powers" skillfully in order to survive. You will also need really good aim if you're using advanced controls.
I'm almost finished with Normal, so I will see if the last dot lights up.

yeah, if you've never played metroid games before,playing "Veteran" might make it that much harder, because all of the puzzles and whatnot are more familiar to those who have played the others in the Prime series.

I'm curious what people have purchased with their medals that they're happy with. I've only bought the bobblehead (which rocks) and the Samus package, which is ok. Any suggestions on that front?

@Dzapper: what part?

anyways, the MAIN point of scanning everything, and getting all the pickups, is to beat the game at 100%.

Last edited:
you just need to get all the pickups to beat the game at 100% I thought...

I think you're right, GC8. Scanning just seems to get you medals for buying those packages, which I'm still curious about. The Creatures 2 package is more expensive than Creatures 1 - does that mean Creatures 1 is included in Creatures 2? Or are those totally different?

Also, does anyone know what the maximum number of attainable medals is for each of the different colors?

Here's another question: If you spend all your medals, can you re-accumulate them?

Here's a note I found at mycheats.com regarding gathering all the pickups. I expect to reach the Nova Beam pretty soon so I'll be trying this on for size:

"You can acquire special map data that will show you the locations of every pickup in every area in the game (except the GFS Valhalla), but you'll need to be far along in the game beforehand; at least to the point after getting the Nova Beam.

First, go to Elysia SkyTown and enter the Chozo Observatory (the location where you had to get the first of the bomb fragments). A phazite plate will be on the side of the platform column on the floor. Shoot through it to find a touch panel to activate.

You'll then have to navigate the bomb-slot maze on the upper walls -- use your head and the Spider Ball! When all the slots are bombed/activated, your map data will now show Xs and Os. X indicates pickups you've acquired, and O indicates pickups yet to be found. If you want those bonus endings and/or the pride in fully completing the game, get ready to go hunting!"

Back