Update Issue

sumomonster

The Forsaken
Jan 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Sorry if this has been answered before (if so just point me in the right direction plz). I don't know if it's a problem with my router, my Wii, or the Wii update servers but for some reason I can't update my system.

I just bought a Wii about two days ago and I clicked on news channel...then I clicked Enter (internet) settings, I created a wireless connection with my linksys router and it tested the connection. It said the test was successful...after that it required an initial update. That update finished in about 3-5 mins. After that I received a message saying something along the lines of "Next there will be a Wii system update and then a Channel update." After that the Wii System update screen showed up and now the download bar isn't moving and I have been waiting here for 1 hour and 36 mins so far and no progress and I can't turn off the system not only because it tells me not to but even hitting the power switch doesn't work. Why can't I update my system? Thx

this happened to me before. The first system update went fine and then other updates would start off fine...then stop.

What I did was pull the power (which it says not to do), then I deleted all my internet settings on the wii. I let the wii refind my router and I reentered all necessary information. Once I did this, it worked fine.

Wow, thx a bunch. It worked. Strange that the system tells us not to do something that is inevitably something we MUST do lol. Thank you so much. I'm online now.

Yeah, i didn't want to pull the plug either. But once you wait over an hour...it's like you said, "inevitable".

its actually okay to shut it down after about 20 minutes. This is because the connection has timed out but the time out message has not been sent to the wii.

Back