Updates...absolutely necessary??

Well, now there's a beta of the web browser, and the forecast channel, and the shop channel and later, who knows...

i keep reading that these updates can kill the wii if something goes wrong during the installation. is it true?

That seems like that is possible...there were a couple guys having problems with the forecast channel update yesterday. i wonder how their situation came out?

Edit:This forum nit slap was the one with the problem but i didnt see a follow up.

Last edited:
cvarriaga said:
i keep reading that these updates can kill the wii if something goes wrong during the installation. is it true?

No. Nothing should go wrong as long as you don't make it happen. If you install them your Wii will be fine. Just don't turn off your Wii like it says. Put down your Wii remote and Nunchuck. Faced up to avoid pressing buttons. Keep your TV on. Mute it if you want and go away for a while..

Messing about with it COULD mess it up if you turn it off or whatever. Just let it Update. Like Installing something on your PC

ok, ill try when im done with zelda :cryin: hopefully it will be ok, thanks wii'ers

you dont HAVE to install them, but dont come crying when youre the only one with a wii thats lights dont sync up to music like that christmas house and displays such a beautiful show that youd simply orgasm in your pants so badly youd go blind........ just a heads up

Back