Updating Wii with Satellite internet and Overcoming latency issues

not2lost

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2007
Hi
I'm a mom who is trying to help her kids update their Wii. The whole family loves this console. Great fun.

But here is my question. I have Hughes.net satellite internet. When I try to update wirelessly, I get the error code 32004. It connects but then won't update. From all that I have read, the problem stems from satellite internet having "latency" issues.

Okay. So, what can I do about it? Would a Wii Lan Adapter even change anything since the only difference would be that I am then wired rather than wireless. Or what about this WiFi I read about. I don't even know what that is, but I sure need a way to update this thing. I see a lot of people have the same issue.

I e-mailed hughes. They agreed its a latency problem but said ask Nintendo. The NIntendo site doesn't give any answers.

Sure would appreciate your help. thanks.

Satellite internet is quite slow... I'd expect it to act as dial-up-ish.

No luck for you I'm afraid.

Edit: okayyy, I read up on your service... I'm not quite sure what the lan would do. Do you know anyone who's you could borrow?

Unfortunately, none to borrow. Our internet is fast but they say its the "latency" of half a second that is the problem. Wierd. Anyway, there must be a way. Otherwise, nobody with satellite internet is going to be able to update Wii. That would stink.

Back