Upgradable, Region-free Wii Modchip, oh yes!

PotatoWedgie said:
No, that was the CycloWiz modchip which isn't upgradeable and doesn't allow you to play games from other regions. How is it fishy? :scared:

fewfirstchoice: modchips are installed inside the Wii using a soldering iron. You can do it yourself, but if you want it installed you'll have to call around. It's usually not too expensive...I'm not sure how much the chip itself costs since it's not out yet.

Two main things you'll be able to do with this chip installed:

- Play backups of your GC/Wii games (which most people will use for pirating, though I find it completely stupid. BUY YOUR FREAKING GAMES!)
- Play GC games from any region (Europe, Japan, etc)
- Play Wii games from Japan

It's also upgradeable, meaning more features may be implemented later on. Since I'm not a dirty thief, I personally can't wait to use it for playing Japanese games (imported at full price, mind you). W00t!

I swear I saw it on another post, but whatever and no it wasn't the other chip you were talking about.

Might be worth investing in
Just to cease the waiting 6 mounths for a game to come out in the uk

psyichic said:
I also feel iffy about this website. It is just too plain....

Indeed it does look plain. If it is legit, I think they put it up in a hurry so that people don't go buying the CycloWiz or Wiinja chips when their (better) product's coming out soon. Regardless, I'm waiting for a few other people to try it before I mod my Wii ;)

WiiGirl2006 said:
I swear I saw it on another post, but whatever and no it wasn't the other chip you were talking about.

Maybe :thumbsup: I'm not saying it hasn't been posted, I just can't find it anywhere. Are you referring to this post, perhaps? They look somewhat similar with the lists of features, etc.

Anywho, hopefully they release a picture and price soon.

PotatoWedgie said:
Indeed it does look plain. If it is legit, I think they put it up in a hurry so that people don't go buying the CycloWiz or Wiinja chips when their (better) product's coming out soon. Regardless, I'm waiting for a few other people to try it before I mod my Wii ;)

Maybe :thumbsup: I'm not saying it hasn't been posted, I just can't find it anywhere. Are you referring to this post, perhaps? They look somewhat similar with the lists of features, etc.

Anywho, hopefully they release a picture and price soon.

Hehe, knowing me that is most likely where I saw it before.:lol:

m-chips are lame (mainly cause they help pirating). ill be staying away from this crap, if you ruin your wiis installing it then good for u

it dosnt matter that mutch to you people out side the UK
but wii in the uk wait for muonths for a game
So for importing ill go for it

PtonJalken said:
m-chips are lame (mainly cause they help pirating). ill be staying away from this crap, if you ruin your wiis installing it then good for u

It does help in pirating, but lots of us use them for importing. Japan gets lots of sweet games we don't get over here, which is my reason for getting a modchip. And these days there's very little risk in installing modchips.

im_a_super_smash_bro said:
It says: "Expected shipping date: February 7th, 2007" where can we sign up for that date?

No idea. I'm watching it every day cuz I really want to know if it's legit.

WiiGirl2006: alrighty ;)

What happens with future updates from Nintendo? Does this mean witha chip you wouldn't be able to connect to the internet anymore/they would find out about you having it chipped?

phoenix07 said:
What happens with future updates from Nintendo? Does this mean witha chip you wouldn't be able to connect to the internet anymore/they would find out about you having it chipped?

It has a stealth mode, which means the console receives the same data with the chip or without. However, there's still the chance future updates from Nintendo could cause problems, which is why the CycloWiz and Wiinja chips were a bit iffy. This chip is upgradeable, however, which means if future updates do come out, you can just upgrade your chip to get around it.

There's also always the option of uninstalling it, which is pretty much just a reverse of the install.

Regarding Nintendo "finding out," I doubt they'll set up a database just to record a list of warranty violators...but if they do, that's a risk you have to take ;)

Back