Upscaling on the Ps3

---Brian---

WiiChat Member
Apr 1, 2007
Scotland
Just like to say that it's terrific, stuck the FF9 disc into it with the upscaling and smoothing on and it looked great, i then turned the upscaling and smoothing off and i couldnt belive how ugly it was, all jaggy. Looking forward to completing FF9 for the 23rd time with it looking great=) also shows just how far gaming has come, was playing Fight Night Round 3 before an just couldnt belive how far gaming has come in such a short time, even the jump from Ps2 to Ps3 is amazing. Just dont realise it until you play the Ps3 games, then go back to a Ps2 game.:yikes:

Hell yes! I started replaying all my PS1 games. Croc, Silent Bomber, Rhapsody (I didnt play that one to much) ect. I only wish i could stick NES games in it at 1080p.

GamerCon said:
Hell yes! I started replaying all my PS1 games. Croc, Silent Bomber, Rhapsody (I didnt play that one to much) ect. I only wish i could stick NES games in it at 1080p.
I never finished silent bomber, always died near the very end vs the chess pieces, then you lose all your power ups and it gets too hard =\
Anyway, is there anywhere where I can see the actual difference the upscaling makes? like screenshots ps1 vs ps1 game in a ps3, because it sounds quite interesting.

General upscaling question......

Can the PS3 (or any other new gen DVD player) upscale from an external source?

Flagel said:
I never finished silent bomber, always died near the very end vs the chess pieces, then you lose all your power ups and it gets too hard =\
Anyway, is there anywhere where I can see the actual difference the upscaling makes? like screenshots ps1 vs ps1 game in a ps3, because it sounds quite interesting.
To be honest i keep dieing at Benoit too, i was hoping it would start at him but since it starts at the chess part, i said screw it.

Here you go, all the curious ones, what the upscale will really do for your PS1/2:

Without upscale:
IMG_8976.jpg

With upscale:
IMG_8978.jpg

Without:
6fs2q21.jpg

With:
4r07nyr.jpg

4z0sx35.jpg

675smbp.jpg

Silent hill 3
IMG_9007.jpg