US Army robots using Nintendo Wii

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
The latest high-tech military robots are being controlled by something lots of you might find in your living rooms - the controller from a Nintendo Wii.

Because the Wii-mote is easy to get to grips with, it's now being looked at as away of directing robots that are used to clear dangerous mine-fields.

The controllers that were first checked out needed lots of concentration.

But because the Wii-mote is so simple, it allows the users to concentrate more on what's around the robot.

kewl linkage

Sigh
Another copy paste news story with next to none poster comments

Its nice to see the army usein games controllers for killin people
What will happen when it gets hit will there be a feed back ?
Will the speaker make a nosie when there near somethin ?
Maybe theres a score board someware on it ?

Man!That means every single of us here, could control an army robot with ease!!LOL!!

The funny thing is, they were using the Xbox 360 controller, but they found the Wiimote was much more intuitive and simple to use. :lol:

I read it in New Scientist.

FRuMMaGe said:
The funny thing is, they were using the Xbox 360 controller, but they found the Wiimote was much more intuitive and simple to use. :lol:

I read it in New Scientist.
maybe they shouldve had gamers control these robots. D:

This scares me. The fascists will be using this to kill people and the tree-huggers will try to bring down the industry. Yay so the giant nuke blowing us all up will be controlled by a Wii.

Everyone in this thread seems somewhat insensitive.

Bottom line will the idustry die and I don't get a job because the world gets nuked or because tree-huggers bring down the industry. I swear the nightmares always become a reality. Button controlled nukes. Get fat, insensitive, lazy, and stupid while killing people. Hopefully someone will show the future vets the gore they caused. Sure kill the bad guys I'm all for it but at least have the courtesy to see their blood.

Last edited:
Monsteroids said:
This scares me. The fascists will be using this to kill people and the tree-huggers will try to bring down the industry. Yay so the giant nuke blowing us all up will be controlled by a Wii.

Everyone in this thread seems somewhat insensitive.

Bottom line will the idustry die and I don't get a job because the world gets nuked or because tree-huggers bring down the industry. I swear the nightmares always become a reality. Button controlled nukes. Get fat, insensitive, lazy, and stupid while killing people. Hopefully someone will show the future vets the gore they caused. Sure kill the bad guys I'm all for it but at least have the courtesy to see their blood.
They are being used to find and disarm mines.

Forgive me if I don't crap my pants.

Whatever, once they realize they can kill someone halfway around the globe while taking a **** (except they're constipated from KFC and MacDonald's food which they like because they're Americans of the fat, stupid, and tasteless variety in fact it'd be funny to see some fatass break they're toilet because they weigh so much AHAHAHAAAAAAH), they'll do it.

Monsteroids said:
Whatever, once they realize they can kill someone halfway around the globe while taking a **** (except they're constipated from KFC and MacDonald's food which they like because they're Americans of the fat, stupid, and tasteless variety in fact it'd be funny to see some fatass break they're toilet because they weigh so much AHAHAHAAAAAAH), they'll do it.

You are a moron. Please GTFO.

AutumnWind said:
Exactly what I was thinking.

To him, common sense is just something that happens to other people.

Kind of sad to think that with all the army's scientists that they had to resort to stealing Nintendos technology.

AutumnWind said:

Haha no way! Canada forever! Anyways jokes and anti-american statements aside I think its sad and somewhat creepy. God I hope they develop their own crap instead of giving bait to those crackpots against the game industry.

Even if its for finding mines it isn't cool at all. Neither is the Army.

I hate the army and how it tries to appeal to the game market. Those damned ads on IGN.

Last edited:
Subarnu said:
Kind of sad to think that with all the army's scientists that they had to resort to stealing Nintendos technology.

i wonder if nintendo has employed these such scientists to incorporate the motion sensing into the wiimote?

Back