US too strict?

registerednerd said:
It's because here in the US, they are just that desperate for soldiers.

That had absolutely nothing to do with the post you quoted.

registerednerd said:
It's because here in the US, they are just that desperate for soldiers.

What did that have to do with soldiers? I was talking about the scientific reason of why it's bad to get drunk before the age of 21.

And by the way, we are not desperate for soldiers. We have one of, if not THE strongest military in the world right now.

All Out said:
Whoa whoa, who said the US is the only free country? Talk about taking my words out of context. I said IMO, the US is the MOST free country. There are LOTS of other free countries.

Well i dont see how US is any freer than other countries

Jenova said:
What did that have to do with soldiers? I was talking about the scientific reason of why it's bad to get drunk before the age of 21.

And by the way, we are not desperate for soldiers. We have one of, if not THE strongest military in the world right now.
I agree ive been looking at that...and wouldn't want to mess with the US...are military weppon in Canada sucks...lol...but we arn't really for war...

I think that if you are old enough (at 18) to join the military and die for your country you're old enough to drink, smoke, or whatever. Driving; 16 with restrictions till 18. And as for sex, sometimes the legalities on that are pretty screwy, and it varies from state to state. I know there is 1 state you can legally marry your cousin :shocked:. But there should be some flex around the legal age. Yeah, a 22yo shouldn't be having sex with a 15yo, but 18 & 15 should be ok.

Baloras

Baloras said:
I think that if you are old enough (at 18) to join the military and die for your country you're old enough to drink, smoke, or whatever. Driving; 16 with restrictions till 18. And as for sex, sometimes the legalities on that are pretty screwy, and it varies from state to state. I know there is 1 state you can legally marry your cousin :shocked:. But there should be some flex around the legal age. Yeah, a 22yo shouldn't be having sex with a 15yo, but 18 & 15 should be ok.

Baloras

The problem isn't the men joining the military, those men are responsible. It is with irresponsible kids. See, when you give people freedom, some people enjoy it and use it to their advantage... and others, they take advantage of it and abuse it. And those are the kids that abuse drinking at 18 and then get behind the wheel of a car. And quite frankly, I started throwing back some drinks at 13 and it was never really problem getting liquor and rarely would the cops care when they caught my friends and I drinking when I was younger.

i Think that instead of age limits, there should be maturity limits. They should test your maturity. I mean, there are some retards out there who like drink and drive as soon as they get there license and they just whack a tree with their car the next minute. In my opinion, some people ruin it for others and if there was any chance that they would reduce the age limit, it is now gone. I read the other day that something like 70-80% of crashes are done by 16-18 year olds. It just shows that some people just arent ready. Iam not saying that 16 - 18 year olds should not be allowed to drive, im just saying that there should be more aspects to getting a license then by just sitting a couple of written tests and maybe a pracitcal test. I think that Driving, drinking and smoking should all be done on maturity. But there should still be some limit, i mean even if there was like a real mature 8 year old, i doubt u should give him a beer....

m7ticalm said:
i Think that instead of age limits, there should be maturity limits. They should test your maturity. I mean, there are some retards out there who like drink and drive as soon as they get there license and they just whack a tree with their car the next minute. In my opinion, some people ruin it for others and if there was any chance that they would reduce the age limit, it is now gone. I read the other day that something like 70-80% of crashes are done by 16-18 year olds. It just shows that some people just arent ready. Iam not saying that 16 - 18 year olds should not be allowed to drive, im just saying that there should be more aspects to getting a license then by just sitting a couple of written tests and maybe a pracitcal test. I think that Driving, drinking and smoking should all be done on maturity. But there should still be some limit, i mean even if there was like a real mature 8 year old, i doubt u should give him a beer....

It's a great idea in theory, but how would you test someone's maturity? And to what standards?

Back