US VC Games 3/24/2008

sirgrim

Casually Hardcore
Sep 18, 2007
http://gonintendo.com/?p=38538

North America - This coming Monday’s VC releases

King’s Knight (NES)

Powerball (Genesis)

3/24/2008 Releases. GoNintendo has been pretty accurate.

King's Knight is a fun NES game and I was wondering if it would be released.

At least it's more than one game this time. I plan on downloading King's Knight tomorrow, just stocked up on points at walmart they came with a free classic controller cover. Downloaded Milon's DokiDoki Adventure. Surprised they didn't bother translating any of it, not even the menus. Cool little game, but still not really worth the extra 100 points if they're not going to translate anything..

I hope that they release 'E.T. The Extraterrestrial' and 'Superman 64' next week so I don't have anything to spend my paycheck on.

Saving money is a good thing, right?

SpACatta said:
I hope that they release 'E.T. The Extraterrestrial' and 'Superman 64' next week so I don't have anything to spend my paycheck on.

Saving money is a good thing, right?

You could always gift them to people you hate!

Official press release.

WII-KLY UPDATE: TWO NEW CLASSIC GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

March 24, 2008

It's a mad season for basketball lovers, but even the most hardcore hoops fan needs a break from the action this time of year. While they're a far cry from basketball, the latest additions to the Wii™ Shop Channel offer plenty of fast-moving fun and high-scoring thrills of their own. Check them out and get a fresh taste of gaming excitement that can last well into April and beyond.

Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

KING'S KNIGHT™ (NES®, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence, 500 Wii Points): In the kingdom of Izander, the fair Princess Claire has been kidnapped by a foul and insidious dragon, and it is the mission of four brave fighters to save her. Through five thrilling, fast-action stages, our gallant heroes-a knight, a wizard, a monster and a thief-will take on an army of incredible enemies. You must help them reach their goal, as you are now part of the team that will fight to free the princess from her imprisonment. Keep your wits about you, plan your strategy and set off on an exciting adventure.

POWERBALL™ (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): Eight different teams representing various nations are vying to become the POWERBALL champions, and you control one of the eight in your quest for the championship. A hybrid of games like rugby and football, POWERBALL is played on a 100-yard field. Try to score by either carrying the ball into your opponent's end zone or kicking it into your opponent's net for points. This one- or two-player game offers both exhibition and league play. Jump into a game of POWERBALL and try a brand new sport.

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=14825

There's an old code to unlock 4 additional teams on power ball. No word if it works for the VC version yet. Let us know if anyone tries it.

Here's the old code:
Extra Teams

To gain access to four extra teams, press B, B, C, B, B, and C during the team display screen.

Last edited:
Thanks for the videos. I watched that 19 minute completion of King's Knight the other day when I found out this was coming. I hate that dude. Joking, but he makes it look so easy. Pretty sure there's some turbo controller action going on too.

Spent the last hour playing it. Still fun, and our first Square title. Hopefully some NES lovers will download it to show Square we love them.

Actually Square released other titles before this in Japan? Treasure Hunter G is still slated for the US and Europe sometime before July. Save up your Wii Points for that game. Trust me.

Back