US VC Update: 18th June 2007

Rob Rymond

WiiChat Member
Jun 17, 2007
Solihull, U.K
[XFLOAT=left]http://www.wiichat.com/robry/virtualconsole.jpg[/XFLOAT]It's that time of the week when our friends over the pond receive their virtual console updates.

And this week with it being Fathers Day yesterday, two classic Sports games have been added into the mix.

First up is NES Open Tournament Golf, which you guessed it was released on the NES! Mario is the unlikely star of the game both multi-skilled as a plumber and a golfer! Stroke, Match and Tournament modes are included and three fantasy courses, but since the game is so old you might feel it's a tad out-dated.

Next up is World Sports Competition, a title which many of you might not have had chance to play since it was released on the TurboGrafx. Up to five of you can play however across eighteen different Olympic events including shooting, archery and swimming plus the usual track and field events.

Finally another TurboGrafx game gets thrown into the pile in the form of Bloody Wolf, a shooter where you take on the role of a commando in a Special Forces team. You can earn weapons and items as you fight your way through each stage and besides being a shoddy port as many titles are it includes refined graphics, story and cut-scenes as well as the complete second-half of the story which never made it into the arcade version.

Both TurboGrafx games are avaliable for 600 Points, while NES Open Tournament Golf is 500 Points and all three titles are avaliable now on the US shop.

Wii Chat
will have a UK update on Friday and we'll update you again with the US releases next week.

Last edited:
nice update, but theirs a few mistakes in the article. you dont spell graphics, "Graphucs" lol.

cool
cool
except i didnt know the atlantic ocean was considered a pond :scared:

btw, to avoid silly stupid little mistakes like "graphucs" you could just get the firefox web browser, it automatically puts a red line under misspelled words, i know i0n uses it too. + its just the best browser out there =/
if ya want it: www.firefox.com

Rob Rymond said:
I use Firefox, but I've never seen this plugin, got a link?
hmm its not one of my addons
ive had it ever since ff 2.0 came out, it was part of the 2.0

Last edited:
Here's something helpful... maybe. People do speed runs of all kinds of games on Youtube. It's a great place to get info on many games. I recommend you check out Clock Tower 2(AKA Clock Tower for the PSOne). Bates is very funny.

Back