Usb Connecter Problems. Need Help!

Once you figure out what model you linksys is i can give you your default IP address. Like for instance mine is http://192.168.0.1/, and i bet yours is something similar.

Once you figure that out, you just type your IP number into your web address bar, you know, where you type www.whatever.com and you simply put HTTP://whatever your default ip is. and all of a sudden this box will pop up asking your for your USERNAME AND PASSWORD, if you've never changed these settings (most people dont BUT THEY SHOULD!) then it will be the factory default which is USERNAME: BLANK (dont type anything) and the default PASSWORD is almost alwas ADMIN then hit okay and BAM your looking at your wireless routers control panel right there on your computer.

i enter it into the thing but the internet exlorer thing just goes to a PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED thing.

Im trying to find your dang default ip number

But its gonna take a minute.

You know your IP number ? Show me how your putting it on your browser, dont use the search just the browser, and dont add .COM after the number. Just simply http://yournumber then enter.

Mr.Selfdestruct said:
Im trying to find your dang default ip number

But its gonna take a minute.

You know your IP number ? Show me how your putting it on your browser, dont use the search just the browser, and dont add .COM after the number. Just simply http://yournumber then enter.
Im entering it exactly as you say. im just going to trust you with this.

Oh dont worry, these are default numbers, you can change it if you want after we figure out how to access it. Most people leave there routers at default settings, which is NOT recommended by the manufaturer, because people can access your router, but only if there in your neighborhood.

Well, did you linksys come with software that you installed on your computer ? If so, im pretty sure you can access by clicking on the icon on your computer.

HMMM so Http://192.168.0.20. doesnt take you anywhere ? It doesnt pop up a little box asking for your password and username and stuff ?

Somehow, if you can get into that dang router, then you can change the wireless channels there almost always set to 6 and only 1 or 11 will work.

Last edited:
Wait i got it now.
but ADMIN is not the password.
i keep entering it in the password area, but it wont work.

admin administrator make sure there lowercase

Oh, and leave the USERNAME:_________ (Blank)

The username default is blank.

If you finally get in there, look for the setting called WIRELESS click that sucker and theres where you change your channel to 1 or 11 then apply the settings. And dont forget how to access the sucker, because if you want to use your WII CONNECT 24 function. On most linksys routers, you have to disable your firewall to make the Wii connect 24 work, but supposedly nintendo is supposed to have some sort of new software update that will allow the wii connect to work with linksys router firewall enabled. Although you really dont need the firewall considering your computer has one, its just a double safety. plus while your in there change your password and username, so any jo shmo cant jump on your wireless connection for free, and potentially get into your computer.

Last edited:
Did your hubby change the password or somethin ?

GO WAKE HIS ASS UP !!

The ip number for most Linksys default is usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 Yours has a weird number.

But im pretty positive this is your problem, the wii will only work on channel 1 or 11. I had this same problem, and as soon as i changed that channel BAM !! I was online.

Last edited:
I dont know. Did you have someone comeout and set up your wireless stuff. Or did you do it yourself ?

I just learned how to do this crap about 3 weeks ago Ha !

I heard you mention cox cable, thats the same company i use here in Oklahoma, if one of those guys came out and installed your stuff they might have changed the password.

But, your linksys router should have came with a software or something to access your router from your computer by clicking an icon.

I dont know if thats how they come or not, im actually jumping on my neighbors wireless router, i know im a dick, but im not malicious nor do i plan on doing anything malicious to his router or settings, but thats what happens when you dont change your passwords from there default, some guys arent as nice as me when they have access to another persons router.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, getting into that router and changing the channel is the only thing keeping you from getting online with your wii.

Well i had the cox guys set it up for me so thats probabbly the problem.
im going to have to find someway to get it.

It should be the same as the main password for your system an your internet and all that.

Im sure they asked you or your husband what you wanted the Password to be.

If not, call them up and ask em for your password info, they'll give it to you if you can prove you be who you be.

Sorry i couldnt help you more, but i hope i kinda helped.

I have kids too. Hopefully you'll be online by tomarrow downloading oldschool nintendo games.

Back